Whew!!!!!!!!

Admin

Staff member
We are back....... We have the most recent data base but a month old backup of the site files.... Still working on it but thanks for your patience!!

gearhead

Thanks for getting us back up and running so fast!:wav:
It must have been a monumental effort! Kudos! :thumbup:

fz6rwolf

had wondered if gone for good. good job getting back up.

bjpinub

Thanks for the hard work. Being a Software Developer, I know the headaches accompanied with server crashes. Additionally, I know the importance of backups. I was wondering if I was going to go into withdrawal, not having this forum at my fingertips. Thanks again.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

thowell

Thanks for getting it back up. Being a Network Admin. I know how big of a pain it is to have a server go down, and how it can take a long time to get it back up.

bjpinub

Great!
Yeah, server crashes are nasty, even with backups... I used to have my exchange server crash about once a year until I replaced it... It was only 8 years old, raid 5, ide hard drives, isa slots galore... man were those the days :rolleyes:
Wow... Never really messed with ISA slots. Does your company not have an equipment replacement cycle? The company I work for gets servers with 3 year warranties, and we replace the servers 5 years after purchase. 8 years seems a little long, but if it relies on legacy hardware, I guess there is no other way around it.

cbzdel

we had some sort of weird failure at work 2 days ago..

the building had a power surge and killed (2) work computer power supplys, the server power supply, and fried one of the server hard drivers, then our large format plotter has now stopped working!

everything was on surge protectors to, its weird!

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

gearhead

I was going through withdrawals yesterday!!!!! Thanks for getting it back up. I was worried it was gone for good.
Those were my thoughts as well. I am addicted to this site. I was wondering what happened until I tried going to the FZ6 forum and there was a notice explaining a server crash, so I figured that was what happened here too. Again, thanks for getting all us addicts back online!

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Dennis for getting us up and running again! :steve::thumbup: Your admin skills are worthy of a medal. Best of any of the forums I belong to!

I was really worried that my friends had abandoned me. I had new threads to start, but now I can't remember what they were...:rolleyes:

JonKerr

Elite Member

Admin

Staff member
Due to a.. MYBAD... we are back to the 4:00PM today version of the DB.. STUPID MISTAKE ON MY PART!!! using mysql instead of mysqldump while doing a fast before bed backup I did a restore of the 4PM backup....^@*#@*@#(*@#

SORRY GUYS!!!!!!!!!!