where's good place to buy a front stand

Roaddawg

The Harbor Freight stand (that's been discussed on here alot if you search 'stands') has front end adapters you can get for $10. I used it for the first time last month when I took off my front wheel. It worked good, but I did need another person to help get it on the stand, because I couldn't get the leverage and balance the bike at the same time. But once on the stand, it was pretty stable.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
It's easier to get the front up once the rear is in the air....

bmw675

i used the harbor freight stand with front adapters one time. had another person help me, and quickly put it back down. just made me a little more nervous than i wanted to be.

MikeN02

The harbor freight rear stand is good, I've personally used it. But on other bikes where the swingarm isn't as smooth it can be difficult.

Now for the front, I've heard some stories somewhere where it isn't as good, I'm considering getting T-Rex Racing front stand since it's good quality yet not that expensive.

W

whatever

not sure the harbor freight stand would work, because i may want to remove my forks at some point..

if i spend the money i might want to get one that goes under the steering pivot point. seems like this kind would be way more usefull.

Sage

I think t-rex has front triple tree stands

Roaddawg

not sure the harbor freight stand would work, because i may want to remove my forks at some point..

if i spend the money i might want to get one that goes under the steering pivot point. seems like this kind would be way more usefull.
The steering tube stand would be much better, IMO. The HF one works but not the securest. When I did lift mine up, I then ran straps from the front to my ceiling rafters, just for a little more security.

JnT4Life

just came from HF got the rear lift $30 they also sell a Central Hydraulics atv/motorcycle lift steel $90 alum $149 few weeks a go a saw a guy working on a harley lifted on one of those, looks very safe and easy to use but seems to be too much for a chain lube
1500 Lb. Capacity ATV/Motorcycle Lift
I have one of those and it worked good on my Harley but to use it on the FZ6R, you would have to lift it under the exhaust. I don't think I wanna do that.

W

whatever

there's a place i found called

discountramps.com

they sell a front stand that goes under the triple tree for $69.95