where to put my purse

Detrich

when i'm in riding jeans, it's not an issue cuz it's got pockets...

but, when in leather suit, i put my wallet, cell phone, keys, in a small carrying case no bigger than the size of an iPod case- along with my gps locator- locked under the rear seat. i keep one credit card and about $10 in bills & couple quarters in my breast pocket for getting gas and for using the restroom at those stupid gas stations that charge. and, that's about it.

Sparkxx1

I know you don't like backpacks but I have light hiking pack that I love to ride with. On long rides I can even put the bladder in just incase I get thirsty, which I'm going to love in the summer when it's hot. It's made out of really lightweight mesh so it stays kool and doesn't weigh...anything.

"Lightweight and breathable mesh shoulder straps won't interfere with your movement"

I used to use this bag when I would parkour around NYC, so you know it's light and doesn't restrict my movements.

EMS Mantis Hydration Pack - Eastern Mountain Sports

I have it in black and the outside pocket actually clips off at the top to place a bicycle/skate helmet, but my helmet doesn't fit so I put the pocket through the helmet and out the visor and clip it back. Then if I'm walking around anywhere I don't have to carry it in my hands! ;D I love collecting book bags it's one of my hobbies.

I wear a nylon fanny pack sometimes....
I love fanny packs I have this flat one, because I don't like the waist one. I place it across my chest and its especially useful at concerts so I don't get pick-pocketed.

http://www.totto.com/store/Koala-Ecolin-P1371C109.aspx

If I'm just going to visit someone I'll probably use it on the bike and just strap that against my chest, under my jacket. I have an older, flatter model. Every single piece I've bought from totto is always lightweight and it looks the same after years of use. Unfortunately it's a Spanish brand so don't be confused when you see a 30,000 price tag.

Last edited:

DakinechicK

I'm always trying to win a beauty pageant when on my bike. I have to look HOTT and I mean freaking AMaZinGLY HOTT! I probably spend about 2 and a half hours a day getting ready before I ride as to look my absolute best. Now, with that being said.... I don't DO backpacks or tank bags as they ruin the sexy image I am trying to display on my bike. I have a tail bag that is small enough for my makeup, wallet, cell phone, etc. but still looks super sporty. It's not heavy enough to change the way the bike rides at all, and on top of it, I still look good without having to worry about messing up my image with a big pack. Plus, it carries all of my supplies with ease!!!

:justkidding:

k6gad

Now I have a Kappa trunk and anything goes in there and there is no worry. Depending on a trunk you get (and how much you put in there), you may notice it, or you may not.
That's what I did. I got the Yamaha rack from a dealer in Vancouver, Canada and used the Yamaha top box I had for my T-Max. If I don't want it on I just pop it off.

scionic-breeze

If I am just going out riding, I only carry what I need in the inside pocket on my jacket (cell phone, license, credit card). When I go to work, I need a change of pants and shoes. I had been sticking my items inside a backpack and bungying it to the back seat, but let's face it... it looks tacky. I just bought some Cortech bags on Saturday, and have been riding around with them on yesterday and today, and I do not even notice they are there. I will be taking a week-long trip in August, so they will eventually be a necessity for the trip anyway. I think they look pretty good on the bike and function very well. The saddle bags were $120 (for the pair) and the tail bag was $80.

Soapartist

Hi I'm new to bikes and this forum, passed my test and put abou 50 miles on my new (well new to me ) fz6r~2009. And my big problem is what to do with my purse I don't really want to carry a backpack and Idont like tank bags. Do tail bags affect the ballance of a bile bike and can some one suggest a good size well fitting one or alternative suggestion . Don't like backpacks because they make you warmer and you have to take it in to where ever you have just arrived.

All suggestions welcomed.

Thanks
I had that same problem when I bought my 6R, and it kept me from riding it as much as my cruiser, or dual sport, which both have ample storage.
I bought a backpack for a few small items, I actually didn't feel it when I was riding much at all, and would forget it was on there:D. But it was kind of inconvienient.
I tried the routine of taking a few things out of my purse and carrying it with me.
But the solution for me was a nice roomy tailbag ... Dowco fastrax elite, expandable, and no, I don't notice any difference with it on the back of the bike at all.
I can throw my purse in there, and when I want to stop I can take the purse out to go with me, and throw my gloves, sunglasses, miscellaneous stuff in it.
As another option, I bought a small purse with a really long shoulder strap, that has a zippered closure so nothing can escape. I sometimes just wear it under my jacket. So if I'm feeling like I just want to hop on the bike, I throw the purse crosswise over my shoulder, put the jacket on and go.
Using the tailbag does give me places to put things if I do any shopping.
It's all about options ;). I'm not as concerned about looking :cool: cool, as I am about making the bike convienient for me to ride, and enjoying the ride.
A friend of mine told me she started riding, because she kept seeing me riding ... I wasn't a biker babe, or a poser, but just a woman that loves to ride :thumbup: and she wanted that. Biggest compliment I could have ever got that day.