where is the engine number located?

Seppel

CA dmv is asking for the motorcycle engine number. Where in Satan's name is it? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

RedRider

That's an odd request. I'm in SoCal an I don't remember DMV asking for any info like that. Not even sure what to look for if they did. What are you trying to do at DMV?

Seppel

Just trying to register the bike. They asked for the vin, and the next question says what is the motorcycle engine number. I looked the whole engine over, still in the bike of course, but I didn't see any numbers.

Seppel

Google isn't helping at all lol. This should be easy too since my 6r is naked. *cries in corner

RedRider

Well that's new. I don't remember having to answer that question when registering my bike down here in SoCal. :/

RedRider

Ok found it....saw this on another forum and checked my bike to see if it's there...

Stamped on the engine block just in front of the swingarm. If you position yourself on the left hand side of the bike, behind the engine, sight down the chain towards the engne, you should see it.

Seppel

Holy cr*p. I would have never of found that. Might as well call it the butthole number. Thanks man