When to Change/Replace/Check, etc...

cmilli09

Hey Guys!

Being new to motorcycles I'd just like to get everyone's opinion on when to change/replace/check any and every part on a bike. I know I have a manual and the internet to Google just about anything I'd like to know, but I figured if I could get a collection of information that this would be the place to do it. So I apologize if this has been asked before, but knowing times to check certain parts would certainly be helpful as a new rider and especially somebody who would like to keep their new bike on the road and not sitting in a garage because I didn't take care of it properly.

Anything and everything from times to change the oil to some of the more unknown things you wouldn't realize as a beginner. I'd just like to know what to do to keep from having a check engine light come on and such.

I appreciate all the help you guys give on this site, so glad I was able to find my way here.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

vengeance44

well when i used to use my bike as my main mode of transportation i used to check the and grease the chain weekly unless ridden in rain. check tire wear weekly mainly for any nails or screws. Also just check fluid levels monthly its a fairly new vehicle so it shouldnt be giving to many problems. Also when you grease your chain make sure u dont get the grease on your tire because this could cause problems.