when is best time of year to buy motorcycle

springstime

I recently finished my MSF course and decided that I want to purchase a Fz6r
but was wondering what time of year could I get the best deal from a dealer.
Thanks,
Anthony

Roaddawg

I would have to say winter would be the best time...but, the way the economy is right now, I think anytime is good. They need to move those bikes.

MikeN02

I would have to say winter would be the best time...but, the way the economy is right now, I think anytime is good. They need to move those bikes.
Yeah I say winter as well where everyone is too chicken to ride in the cold when they can like here.

Last winter when I go my motorcycle license I was the only one out there.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

bjs045

Look for deals by the manufactures too. Like right now Kawi is offering up to $2500 cash back. For the zx6r it was $1800.

Being I'm upside down on the FZ6R if I trade it in the extra $1800 would cushion that out of pocket cost.

Yamaha offers $200(FZ6R), $400(R6,R1) of "Customer Cash" 36month 3.99%APR

Suzuki is offering for the GSX-R600 As low as 0$ down and 1.99%APR fixed until 2015

Haven't seen any deals from Honda.

ry-mac75

Now, now do it now!

To be perfectly honest - the best time to beat down a sales rep - end of the month about 2 hours or less from close... especially if the end of the month is at the end of the week. When it's close to closing time and you're tossing out numbers - they'll work with you.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Whenever you have the money...

:don'tknow:

ry-mac75

Whenever you have the money...

:don'tknow:
hahaha or some sucker is dumb enough to give you the financing!

GO GET IT! GO GO GO!!

nashvillenobody

actually now is a great time to pick up a leftover last years model. There are dealers around here selling brand new 2009 FZ6R's for $5200... almost 2k off last years price...

Pizz

I have purchased 5 new street bikes and 4 new dirt bikes over the past 4 years. In researching these purchases I found the following:
- Most manufacturers have a sales cycle for the latest model year that starts with the high prices in the spring and adds incentives as the summer rolls on.
- Last year's model is typically heavily reduced and makes a good early summer buy. Two year old models have huge discounts.
- All prices are elevated in the typical "thaw" months, when bike interest is highest. These are different times, depending on where you live.
- Once winter rolls around, dealers don't typically deal as hard. They have committed to keeping the inventory until the spring.
- Blowouts show up unannounced. Follow your local dealer websites as well as dealers within driving distance. I bought a new 2008 ZX 14 for 40% off in June of 08 using this method. I drove 3 hours to pick it up and saved $4,000 off local price.
- You will pay more for a new models in it's first year. This was the case when I bought the FZ6R as a new model last year. I got $1,000 off list, but they now regularly sell for $2,000 off list.

Fzara2000

argh - so tempted to walk into the Triumph dealer and purchase a new bike tomorrow, but with only 1 year of riding experience...i've decided to wait another year to purchase another bike.

SO tempting though!!!

swatguy

For me I would say it depends on what you are looking for. New bikes are good to find in the winter months. Most dealers/mfg run their biggest specials then to move some inventory.

However if you are lookinogg used I say the end of the riding season more towards fall due to the fact people want to dump their bikes before winter storage.

Ha just realized an old revival....doh! Carry on

Last edited:

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member