What's the best way to Secure the bike from thieves??

matt_not_andrew

As a recent sufferer of bike theft where I had a two week old brand new Aprilia Pegaso Factory stolen I can sympathise with anyone who has suffered a bike loss.

I can only agree with the recommendation for theft insurance, GAP policy, alarm and a huge chain. Go one better and get an alarm disc lock and consider a low jack/tracker. I work for the police and the Tracker system in the UK works but a lot better if you get the monitor option. On this system the tracking company can tell if the bike is moved without the key in the ignition and will call you to confirm there is a problem. Expensive but you have to weigh up the odds yourself.

I have a Cat 1 alarm, factory immobiliser, Xena xx14 alarm lock and another Xena cable/chain lock through the back tyre and top box rack. My bike has to park on the street and can't be locked to anything so I figure the louder the alarm the better. Also helps to get to know your neighbours as they are more likely to keep an eye out for your pride and joy if they a) know you and b) aren't pissed at you cause you keep revving your bike on a sunday morning at 7am!

MikeN02

Just today some mom decided that their son would look cute standing next to my bike touching it or even on my bike while she took pictures. The minute my alarm went off made her think twice.