Whats the best Rain Gear?

oyamyers

Ok, I know Summer is still here and I hope you are all enjoying weather like we are having in WA, about 80 days in a row without rain :Sport: but I know the rain will be here soon.:( So, my question is, what rain gear do you have and rate it for us. I want brand, price, dryness rating, style, comfort...you get the picture. I forgot, please list your choice of gloves too. Oh and pics if you can. Help your fellow riders stay dry this Fall. Thanks.

Last edited:

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member

oyamyers

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I'm 5'11" and 140 pounds and I plan to get the large. Hopefully this will allow me to wear it over my other gear and still be comfortable. I'm thinking that this should be a good fit, not too loose and not too snug. However, if the size isn't right, the guys at New Enough are awesome and they will exchange it for the right size. :thumbup:

If you are worried about sizing, give them a call tomorrow and they will help you out, no problem.

oyamyers

Well, I'm 5'11" and 140 pounds and I plan to get the large. Hopefully this will allow me to wear it over my other gear and still be comfortable. I'm thinking that this should be a good fit, not too loose and not too snug. However, if the size isn't right, the guys at New Enough are awesome and they will exchange it for the right size. :thumbup:

If you are worried about sizing, give them a call tomorrow and they will help you out, no problem.
Thanks. I did see that it says the sizing is for wearing over normal riding gear and that you should order your normal size. I think I will call them tomorrow and talk with them. How about gloves and boots? any idea?

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks. I did see that it says the sizing is for wearing over normal riding gear and that you should order your normal size. I think I will call them tomorrow and talk with them. How about gloves and boots? any idea?
If you do call them, report back here. I'd like to know what size they suggest to you, because we are pretty close.

As far as gloves go, I think either of these gloves would be nice. The navigator actually has a visor wiper blade! :thumbup:

FirstGear Navigator Motorcycle Gloves :: New Enough, LTD
Scorpion Recon Motorcycle Gloves :: New Enough, LTD

Boots, I think I would just wear the boots I've got now and not worry about getting a separate pair of waterproof boots. They do make waterproof slip covers that slide over the boot to keep the water out. That will likely be the route I go.

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator

oyamyers

"If you do call them, report back here. I'd like to know what size they suggest to you, because we are pretty close."

I called this morning and the guy said I should order a Medium, so I did. I ordered the yellow/black. I couldn't handle the solid yellow one. Add $12.95 for shipping.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
"If you do call them, report back here. I'd like to know what size they suggest to you, because we are pretty close."

I called this morning and the guy said I should order a Medium, so I did. I ordered the yellow/black. I couldn't handle the solid yellow one. Add $12.95 for shipping.
Excellent! Thanks for checking it out. :thumbup: I'm going to get the yellow/black one as well. The solid yellow was just too much for me.

oyamyers

My Tour Master Elite II One Piece Motorcycle Rain Suit just arrived.:steve: I tried it on with my riding jacket on and it fits great. Rain is in the forcast for next week so I should be able to try it out. I will report back here after I get a couple of rides in the rain.:thumbup:

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
My Tour Master Elite II One Piece Motorcycle Rain Suit just arrived.:steve: I tried it on with my riding jacket on and it fits great. Rain is in the forcast for next week so I should be able to try it out. I will report back here after I get a couple of rides in the rain.:thumbup:
Awesome! I got mine two days ago and it fits perfect. Rain really wasn't in the forecast for today, so I didn't take it to work with me. Wouldn't you know, it was raining when I left...:mad: Guess I should have taken it with me. :rant:

One thing that surprised me most when I was looking over it was the material it's made from. This stuff is thick and feels super tough. I bet this will be a very durable suit and probably last a long time. :thumbup:

oyamyers

Awesome! I got mine two days ago and it fits perfect. Rain really wasn't in the forecast for today, so I didn't take it to work with me. Wouldn't you know, it was raining when I left...:mad: Guess I should have taken it with me. :rant:

One thing that surprised me most when I was looking over it was the material it's made from. This stuff is thick and feels super tough. I bet this will be a very durable suit and probably last a long time. :thumbup:
I was also suprised at the quallity of the material. I'm feeling like this was a very good choice. Thanks for the tip. I live in the Seattle area so I will carry mine every day the clouds are around.

I got the Frogg Toggs classic set for $60 at cycle gear. I was back east and had a 9 hour ride of which about 7 was in the rain. It held up well for the first 3-4 hours but then at the spot between the pants and jacket, rain started to get through. I doubt there are any rain suits that would have held up to 7 hours of rain though. I am very pleased with its performance...other than the leaking between the jacket and pants (a gap) there was no other areas that leaked, even at the arms/helmet.

oyamyers

I got the Frogg Toggs classic set for $60 at cycle gear. I was back east and had a 9 hour ride of which about 7 was in the rain. It held up well for the first 3-4 hours but then at the spot between the pants and jacket, rain started to get through. I doubt there are any rain suits that would have held up to 7 hours of rain though. I am very pleased with its performance...other than the leaking between the jacket and pants (a gap) there was no other areas that leaked, even at the arms/helmet.
Thanks, that's one reason I went with a one piece. I didn't want a gap between the jacket and pants. I rode to work this morning in the rain and stayed warm and dry.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member

Funkmaxtor

The forecast for my area isn't any better. I took the cage this morning but I had to jump start it cause the battery was dead! Man do I hate Toyota!

Stephenfz6r

I have a two piece Helly Hanson, made in Canada. It's very Good. The Alpinstars MX4 are not waterproof. Nelson Rigg Saddle bags leak like a sieve.:rant: