What's a good price for a used FZ6R?

nubby

under 2000 miles. I'm looking to buy an FZ6R but only looking to spend about 4400-4800. Is that even possible? I know prices on new bikes deprecate a lot once you take it out of the dealership parking lot.

It's hard to find this model bike to begin with and I'm also looking to get it cheap, what are the odds? Should I try to get one now or wait until spring/summer to get one? I'd imagine that the price would go up once it gets warmer and people go out looking for bikes. Will the release of the 10 model lower the price of the 09 tho?

Bigevildoer

I think you're at least $1000 low. Only way you'd get an FZ6R for what you're looking to spend is if it's damaged or the owner's wife (or hubby) is freaking on him insisting he gets rid of it.

Later!

bmw675

i would actually think around 5000.
im not sure how much everyone else paid but mine was like 6100 before ttl and fees.

Detrich

depends who u buy it from too... i've heard private parties will sometimes put down a lower value on the dmv to help save u some $ on tax. dealers cannot do that.

on craig's list, i've seen used 2009's go anywhere from $5000 to $6000 range. KBB is about $5700.

njdan

I will sell you mine for $5200, it has 900 miles a few extras and is in mint cond. I have the Raven(black). I live in NJ so not that far from you.

Last edited:

nubby

I just found one with low miles for 4600 but it's nearly 900 miles away. Normally I wouldnt bite but for whatever reason, these bikes cannot be found in the northeast and then there's the matter of picking the color you want...

Has anyone dealt with out of state purchase, ones that are hundreds of miles away? I'm not sure how I'm going to get this over to my state without making two trips or having it shipped.

angelsneverlose

i know i responded above already, but, if you come up in price a little...

im thinking of selling mine (yamaha blue), and im only an hour from you! I live in Wells, ME! IF your serious, PM me and we can talk! Mine has ~2K miles (dont know exact number off top of my head) and is in excellent condition! It would also come with the two brother racing exhaust, everyone wants! im thinking around 5500 for it w/ the exhaust (700 dollar exhaust)!

now, as i said, i could prolly do several hundred lower if you didnt want the exhaust as i know i could sell that on here as well... its in mint condition

only reason for selling is because i dont need 2 bikes. I want to go to the track more so i have recently purchased a mint 2007 R6S with only 1800miles :)

Last edited:

travstoll

i paid 4700 with less then 200 miles on it and it is in showroom condition
I paid $5100 for a '09 w/ 700 miles, but got the shop to throw in about $1000 in extras....These bikes are kinda underrated right now if you ask me. There are some steals out there.