What winter Mod's do you plan on doing?

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

latony007

Since its 70 degrees and not a cloud in the sky my only winter mod will be seeing how much tire I can wear off before spring :)

bleedinblue

Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member

latony007

You'll get it, I need a couple weeks to gather the rest of the parts I need.I sent Motodynamic a email today to see if I can have my turn signals shipped together with the brake light if I add them onto my order.They told me the tail lights should be in to ship out in a week.So I'm hoping I have everything in the next 2 weeks.
Actually his camera froze solid on his last snowmobile err bike ride LOL so youll have to wait for those picts

NUISANCE

I have a ton I am planning to do. Get my 20K done (2 weeks from Saturday), cover the frame in red vinyl (already ordered) get my exhaust ceramic coated black (dropping off Tuesday) get my rear seat redone (dropping off today) install auto tuner (doing when I get the exhaust back) along with a few other things like spark plugs, clean the filter etc. Trying to get it all done before I start school again at the end of the month.

NUISANCE

I actually forgot a few. Got my license plate bracket shaved (cut off the corners that weren't needed and rounded them off) and powder coated gloss black (picking it up tomorrow) Ordered my veterans plate (be here in a month) going to strip the bike down and scrub it this weekend. I'm also going to clay bar and hand polish the fairings and wax them. I am sure there is more but that's all I can think of.

bmw675

I got new levers, rearsets, and upper fairing stay. Had my fork oil changed and new seals installed.
I just order a set of brembo front rotors that should be in today. Adding a new set of pads at the same time.
All that's left to get is a new windscreen and a lithium battery.

Bring on March!

bleedinblue

Elite Member

RyanChristenson

Just joined forum. Got 2012 fz6r this pas fall. Tomorrow I am putting on a fender eliminator kit, sliders and installing garage door opener on in the dummy button. Any tips on these installs would be greatly appreciated. Already learned tons in the forums.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bleedinblue

Elite Member

Striker 815

I already threw a puig touring windscreen on the bike Christmas day when I got it.

For DIY I Plan on painting out the mirrors, touch up paint on some nicks on the fairing from a previous owner, might try do something with the stock exhaust. also have some homemade frame sliders to go on the existing mounts, just need to track down a proper sized bolt. Also need to make a support to hold up soft saddle bags that came with the bike. And a rear "luggage rack" to hold my tail bag.

Just ordered a set of cheapo ebay levers (long) not the shortys
And am still looking for some assorted coloured bolts for windscreen and a couple other places around the bike.

For "performance" mods, I would like to do something with the brakes probably starting with braided lines, and some better pads.

Ill see how my budget goes :p

Im sixteen and am still paying my parents for the bike...

Last edited:

RyanChristenson

Last weekend got fender eliminator and frame sliders on. Today got flush mounts and garage door opener button but in the dummy button spot. Going to look at putting in LEDs in the fake air intakes for turn signals to add more visibility. Tons of great insight on this site for help.

NUISANCE

I am finishing up detailing my bike today, it was stripped down to the frame and the only thing not removed was the gas tank. All paint got washed, clay barred buffed by hand and is getting a second coat of wax today while all black plastics got hit with back to black. Frame got covered in vinyl yesterday and it came out way better than I expected. I am cleaning my K&N today, just ordered a set of spark plugs. I tinted my rear tail light red, and I am putting in a new battery today that I have had sitting around for way too long that used to be in my car.. I think I am going to have to make a new thread with all the stuff I am doing :D

Best part, my new chain guard that I ordered from England is coming in today and is going to be covered in gloss black vinyl for now and maybe red later depending on if I change my mind or not. It came down to that or a radiator guard/cover but in the end I think I made the write call.

latony007

Just joined forum. Got 2012 fz6r this pas fall. Tomorrow I am putting on a fender eliminator kit, sliders and installing garage door opener on in the dummy button. Any tips on these installs would be greatly appreciated. Already learned tons in the forums.

i would love a garage door opener. i have to always get off go punch in the code, get back on the pull into garage, however i bet its a pain the but :)

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member