What was your first bike?

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
11 yrs old when my parents got me this one and I've been riding ever since. 34 years ago... :eek:

fz6rwolf

minibike when 12, a Sears LOL

Bikegirl88

My first bike was a 08 GS500F.

Great first bike!

WenMark

1975 kawi 100 on off road / piece of #$#%$^%$$ it ate pistons :mad:
then suz tc125 great bike
Yep I had one too. The TC125 Suzuki was great:)
Actually my first bike (@ 2 yrs old) was a battery charged hell on wheels that I rode around on Macdill AFB and terrorized the neighborhood. lol

rubicon1000

1978 Yamaha xs 650 air cooled inline twin loved it lots of power stayed with 750s all day. then 04 honda 919 now 06 cbr 1000rr

vitrox

1998 honda xr250 dual sport
2002 yamaha r6
2008 yamaha r1
2009 fz6r

still have the last two. sold the r6 to help pay for the r1.

MikeN02

Wow, lots of bikes. Guys are all rich to own more than one bike at a time.

How do you guys feel about owning more than one bike? Is it a positive because you have the option of jumping on a race bike sometimes and sometimes just cruise with the sport touring?

vitrox

i'm definitely not rich, i just waiting for a good deal to come up on craigslist for my 2nd bike. I only got it because it was a pain to change tires and bodywork on my r1 every week. I love riding on the street, and I love the track. Its just easier to have 2 bikes.

MikeN02

i'm definitely not rich, i just waiting for a good deal to come up on craigslist for my 2nd bike. I only got it because it was a pain to change tires and bodywork on my r1 every week. I love riding on the street, and I love the track. Its just easier to have 2 bikes.
Ah, that explains it. I just use my bike for street riding and to work and school. Haven't thought about the track yet, well even if I did I would need to get a full one piece suit etc and have to do some mods to my bike.

fz6rwolf

if could would have 3, the fz6r, a cruiser and a dualsport.

MikeN02

I would imagine only having 2. An R6 which i'm considering to get as my next bike and the FZ6R.

R6 I would use for track days and if I want to go with my friends. FZ6R for work and school, just so that I won't start hurting 20 minutes into the ride :D

jay

hmmm.. my first bike!! a 100cc honda i think i was 15 yrs old then, used to ride an automatic scooter before; damaged clutch plates, piston rings whole lot of other stuff... lol two year later my younger brother got a 100 cc yamaha 2 stroke!! those were huge success in india back then.. yamaha was the craze and 2 stroke power was awesome then a sportier 137cc yamaha 2 stroke, very torquee awesome bike back then.. the good old days.. i think they still have those in malaysia.. (Nicholas cage was riding it in Bangkok dangerous) hmm... then a honda scooter and then a 150 cc kawasaki 4 stroke.. i got it from my brother, he decide not to ride it after having a minor accident he broke his leg... and became a cager since then... lol
always wanted to get a bike here in U.S. and i think i made the right desicion by buying FZ6r.. i hope to ride it for quite some time if god still be so kind and generous and i can keep my job lol .. but i still remember the power of 2Stroke it's massive/fun... Yamaha rocks!!

dannymac702

1974 Suzuki TM75 (purchased new when I was 14)
Several years later,
1974 Suzuki GT380 (2 stroke)
1975 Suzuki GT550 (2 stroke)
1989 Yamaha XT600 (still have most of it-selling parts)
2009 FZ6R

The GT550 was a real screamer in the quarter mile. Easily would outrun 750's and more.
PS-did some research... The fz6r is more than 3 seconds faster in the quarter mile

Last edited:

ksanbon

1978 Yamaha DT175 2-stroke dual-purpose, $675 new. It was fun, but the FZ6R is so much better!

butcher bird

first bike

mine was a 1964 allstate 250cc puch motorcycle. imported by sears and roebuck. made in czek republic. purchased when i was 16.learned to ride it on the high school track running track. could not do that now. no way. that was the good times

Last edited:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member