what is the best way to make it louder?

fynehs

I want my bike louder. Like, really loud. I have the 2014 fz6r and its pretty quiet. Additionally, I planned to change the sprockets, rear lights, front mirrors and take off speed. I think it's safe to add, I've just learned to ride about a month ago. Where should i begin to modify the exhaust? I heard quotes of like $1500 to change the exhaust and make it louder. there has to be a cheaper way.

Attachments

adamo3957

Your choices are as follows.

Craft your own mess, i.e. drilling holes etc.

Want loud but don't care about the engine.... take the exhaust off... you'll look even more bad-***...

Buy a full system, this is what's gonna set you back $1000+

Talk to Marthy.

R6 headers + custom slip on.

All exhausts should be run with a power commander or similar. but that aint cheap and your talking a myriad of options.

You could use the search function and find out all of this wonderful information without me having to type it. (read, learn to use the search function).

You could also put time in to learning how to ride. Learning to ride is going to save your life far more than anything you could possibly do, far more than wearing Hi Vis, or a loud exhaust. And no, being able to go and stop doesn't mean you know how to ride...

And you could go over to here and say Hi.

Welcome to the forum, and enjoy your new toy.

ST3RL0

R6 headers plus a dan moto xg1 muffler... you can't get much louder than that (literally)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Bert-Aus

If want it loud as F@#*
...take the exhaust off... you'll look even more bad-***....
I have run my bikes (briefly) in my shed without any cans on them -only for shits & giggles
& that is LOUD ...but without extractors :jawdrop:

Swordfish

Hi,
This is what I got done this weekend. Got a welder to grind off the old exhaust and weld a 2.5 inch one on. Going to paint it matte black but it sure is loud....It's as loud as my wifes Two Brothers exhaust but a more deeper tone.

Recvery

Want loud but don't care about the engine.... take the exhaust off... you'll look even more bad-***...

Talk to Marthy.

All exhausts should be run with a power commander or similar. but that aint cheap and your talking a myriad of options.

You could use the search function and find out all of this wonderful information without me having to type it. (read, learn to use the search function).

You could also put time in to learning how to ride. Learning to ride is going to save your life far more than anything you could possibly do, far more than wearing Hi Vis, or a loud exhaust. And no, being able to go and stop doesn't mean you know how to ride...

R6 headers work on the fz?? If those work then im gonna see if i can fit my yzf600r headers on it. its got the yoshi slip on too :D

As for the guy wanting to rip up a brand new fz, go ride with somebody that has a loud exhaust and theyll tell you how annoying that shit is after 4 hours. Dont think of it as quiet, think STEALTHY ;)

rickysol

What headers would work on a 2014 FZ6R?

Talk to Marthy.

I also have a 2014 FZ6R. I want to make sure i get the right headers. Does it matter what year of the R6 headers i get? If so which year of the R6 headers will fit my 2014 FZ6R?

buzzbomb

Elite Member

latony007

This bike has a whisper mode. keeps the neighbors friendly :)
i think when im riding with others they get jealous i can actually still hear the world around me :)

MikeH

Loud pipes save lives. Drop the cash, it's worth it.

MikeH

MikeH

He means that no one has actually demonstrated that loud pipes save lives.
I can't argue that it isn't proved I guess but I can tell you from personal experience. I had people pull out in front of me all the time. Then I put on an aftermarket exhaust and I am more noticed on the road. Loud pipes do save lives.

Chucker

I'd like to see the statistics that illustrate how many lives have been saved by loud pipes. It seems most accidents I see are sportbikes with aftermarket exhaust or cruisers with straight pipes. I think it has more to do with the way a rider rides than how loud the bike is, at least that's what my personal statistics would show.

MikeH

I'd like to see the statistics that illustrate how many lives have been saved by loud pipes. It seems most accidents I see are sportbikes with aftermarket exhaust or cruisers with straight pipes. I think it has more to do with the way a rider rides than how loud the bike is, at least that's what my personal statistics would show.
I agree with it has to do with the way a rider rides as well. Loud pipes are just one more way to be noticed. And could possibly save your life. Just like reflective vests and everything else we all do to stay noticed. :)