What is a real biker?

DevlDog

Well.. my wife was very upset because I've spent about 1-2 hours last Weds, Thurs, and all day Friday (Sportbike Course).. lol so I guess I can be considered a biker?
I don't think my gf bothers getting upset lol. Given, we're not married, but she is pretty jealous of her time with me. But she doesn't really get upset when I'm like "Hey I'm going riding." or anything. Just tells me to be safe.

She also refers to me as "my biker man".

linkgt

A real biker is someone who is NOT a squid on a sportbike or wears flip flops riding a harley. I think that's a pretty good starting point on defining a "real" biker.

ylwf3vr

A real biker is someone who is NOT a squid on a sportbike or wears flip flops riding a harley. I think that's a pretty good starting point on defining a "real" biker.
I saw a guy yesterday (was taking out my phone to take a pic when my light turned green)...

Harley, shorts, t-shirt, big (prescription) glasses, flip-flops, no helmet.. tsk tsk

BUT he did have gloves on!

Y

yellowfz

I saw a guy yesterday (was taking out my phone to take a pic when my light turned green)...

Harley, shorts, t-shirt, big (prescription) glasses, flip-flops, no helmet.. tsk tsk

BUT he did have gloves on!
The gloves were to protect his drinking hand. :iconbeer:

Sparkxx1

Since you asked what a REAL biker is and not just a biker, it's someone that enjoys the freedom of a motorcycle. Sets a good example for others getting into motorcycles and tries to teach the right way in order to not only strengthen the brotherhood, but to make sure the beginners have a long long road ahead of them.

latony007

Since you asked what a REAL biker is and not just a biker, it's someone that enjoys the freedom of a motorcycle. Sets a good example for others getting into motorcycles and tries to teach the right way in order to not only strengthen the brotherhood, but to make sure the beginners have a long long road ahead of them.
good comments. we need more of this type rider.

ylwf3vr

Great answer! Like a motorcycle mentor we have in the military

FastFreddy

"The wind in your hair" comes up a lot and "riding in adverse weather".
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXkaULAwufQ]What is a real biker? - YouTube[/ame]

Conan would say in a funny deep voice, "to ride the bike in the traffic before you and the lamentation of the women."

You pretty much have to own a motorbike and ride it often, that's all.

If you've committed to buying a bike with gears and clutch, it pretty much means you are a biker, you wouldn't waste money otherwise.

I used to be ritualistic about it, saying prayers before the ride, then going into a zone of full feel, concentration and reaction where the brain bypasses normal thinking and is just at one and at play with the bike and road conditions. Wind in the hair ? More like, keep out of the wind blast, tuck the toes to stop hitting the road, don't melt the rear tyre too much, just enough so you know its working, then you are riding. I'm riding slowly only now, I kept getting bad ju ju in traffic and visions of losing legs lately.

Technically though, even a child riding a razor scooter is doing it.

Last edited: