what colour 6r i should buy

popeye

Hi all
Got my ticket yesterday ,gone through a class with a bunch of 25 and 30 year olds ,at 43 it made me feel like a grandpa.
Anyway breeze through the written and 10min on the little cb250 brought all the memories of my younger years which in a way it was a bit of a hinderance with all the old bad habits.Lucky for me i had a brilliant instructor who picked on them and corrected almost everything. :surrender:

Now the question as per the title of the thread "What colour 6r"
i know there is another poll/thread but my options are limited to 2011 copper/black,black/silver and a 2010 white and red.

Price is the same for the 2011s,and $500 less for the 2010

I tend towards the copper as there isn't many of them around
What do you guys think

CrazyCawi

I think the copper is going to be a heavy purchase color

Detrich

My guiding principle is budget first, color 2nd... That is set a budget first, then select a few color choices. Then go shopping and get the best deal u can get. As long as u can find one of the colors u r willing to consider, go for the best deal.

CDN6R

Yes i agree with you there Anson,,but I also like the white/red with gold wheels.(It is more visiable)

elikhom

Yes, MSRP in a 2010 or prior is only $500 less than 2011 but there's also a Yamaha promo that will give you another $300 cash back for older models. Also, usually dealers will be able to come down in price more for left overs when negotiating.

That was not my case though, I was able to get a good deal on a 2011 from one dealer, and another who had a bunch of 09 and 10 models didn't want to come down in price.

EDIT: Disregard I guess, I don't even know if the yamaha promo exists in Australia.

blkbrd

Elite Member
i have the white/red 2010, my only complaint is the red seat gets dirty very easily. other than that its great. if i were to go back in time id of went with blue or black with black seat.

ajiribarren

Have you considered an XJ6SL? Lava Red or Graphite? They are both Lams Bikes, can be found cheaper (9,990 ride away) than the FZ6R, motor wise they are the exact same bike, and the XJ6SL comes with a factory centre stand.

Cheers

Crocop43

id say go copper if ur leaning that ways......cause u dont wanna pay all that money and then later down the road think to yourself.... "dang i should have gotten "x" color."

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

AngryAnt

Throwing my 2 cents on Team Blue...

The white without the decals is sexy though...I personally find black bikes to be just too hot during June / July / August if you're not parking in the shade...but they do look nice.

ChUcK

ONE OF EACH. It's the only way to be sure.

SAFE-T

1. 2011 Copper
Except in person the rim stripes look more orange than copper...

2. 2010 White/Red
The red seat will discolor with use. Get a black seat from a wrecked bike and you're good to go.

3. 2011 Black
Unfortunately, the black wheels and red decals suck, and they make it look like an '09. I would get a used 2010 Black w/ gold decals and gold wheels before a 2011 Black.

4. 2010 Tribal
Not on your list, but if you found one you could get a decal shop to change the color on the edging from pink to something more your liking ~ gold/chrome/carbon/blue/green/whatever and have an instant 'factory' custom. Powdercoat the wheels white to match.

5. 2009 Tribal
Also not on your list, but if you're considering used bikes at all the '09 is mechanically the same as the 2011. Change the decal edging and add white wheels as above.

6. 2010 Blue
My wife has a 2009 Blue. We painted the silver forks black, removed the asymetrical decals on the upper cowling, and put blue/white rim stripes on it.

Last edited:

WhiteFZ

The white/red/w gold was the color scheme that made my wife take an interest in the FZ6R. Just so happens she liked the way it rode too. She's very comfortable on it. I love all the colors except for the White/Pink and the Copper. I love the black and the blue but they are a lot more common.

roundhouse

i love my black bike but i wish i bought blue. dont worry about age brother. i feel 20 years younger than i am and that is important. of course a 20 year old does not get the finger when he goes in for a physical LOL