Went for a ride on an '02 FZ1

P

pyroclastic

My co-worker let me ride his '02 FZ1 which has 22,000+ miles on it today. I have to say that the ride is much the same as the FZ6 plus a few extra pounds. The biggest difference I noticed was how much low end torque the FZ1 had and if I didn't down shift the bike would just manage to power out of the situation with very little effort. The extra weight took a few miles to get used to in the corners, but after awhile it was second nature. The second thing I noticed was how much nicer his seat was than my stock FZ6 seat. I believe it was made by Rick Mayer Cycle. His custom seat definitely makes me want to upgrade the stock seat on my FZ6.

After 10 or so miles and a good stretch of open road I decided to open the FZ1 up a bit to see what it could do. The biggest difference I noticed was how quick and how smooth the bike got to 120MPH. Definitely faster than my FZ6, but that was what I expected. I also noticed less vibration at higher speeds than my FZ6 or maybe I was just gripping the handlebars to tight in order to stay on the bike!

In the end I thanked him for letting me ride his prized possession and told him that I wanted to rack up a few more miles on my FZ6 before increasing the CC's. Who knows maybe he will sell the FZ1 and I can add another bike to my collection. :D

H

hunterfz6

/drool

As I was buying oil and filter, I stopped by to covet the FZ1. 900 CC beast from the firey pits of hell. I know it would kill me. =)~
I have a long time before i'm ready to leave the comfort of 600cc 90 HP beast I got atm.
Lucky you got to ride it.
I really like the exhaust on the FZ1. its not in the seat but a kind of squished can.

V

VEGASRIDER

I wonder who will be the firs Fz6 member to get a Fz1. The thought has crossed my mind, but that is waaaayy down the road.

B

Botch

Walked into a dealership in Salt Lake City yesterday and saw an '05 FZ-1, brand new, for $5,700 and couldn't believe I was drooling over it already. Make the G.A.S. stop! :Sport:

wrightme43

Admin of Socks & Puppets
M.B.S. mutiple bike syndrom However you spell it anyway. LOL
I want to have at least 10 bikes. Thats wrong isnt it?
The new 07 FZ1 is at the dealer here in town. Its BAD!!!!
Also of course the 07 VFR in red white and blue with ABS. I need to spend 100,000$ on bikes and 150,000$ on a super trick shop to keep them in.

A

anot

The FZ1 is so sweet, I rode my brother-in-laws new black '07 FZ1-N bike to his place from the dealer (he doesn't have his license yet) and I was VERY jealous afterwards. The bike did power wheelies in 1st and 2nd gear without any problems at all, didn't try 3rd.

I hate his guts now, I can't even look at him again ;)

S

sportrider

I tried to trade in my FZ6 about a month ago for a 07 black FZ1, they wouldn't make the deal I wanted. my FZ6 is still to new and owe to much to trade off yet, but maybe next year.(think of it now 170MPH straightaways hahahahaha) maybe not.:cool: