way to low - DANGER!!!!

LocoLechero

well - i dropped the front end 1 inch - don't like the way it feels - need some help raising back up! I read on an r6 forum to put her up on the front triple tree stand and SUPER loosen both top n bottom brackets - any thoughts? i'm thinking of trying 1/2 inch lowered instead ALSO i don't understand how people lower the front end to accommodate clip on's and are comfortable with the handling - how is that any different from what ive done??

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

LocoLechero

went for a ride today still not liking the inch down in front feels unstable and squirrley in the turns - I recently adjusted my rear shock from stock 3 up to 4 (roughly 200 with gear). having never ridden a bike before and logging 9000 miles 3 rear/front stock, not sure if the front drop and rear adjust are making me feel shakey (not sure if it's all in my head) i'm gonna try and throw it up on the front stand tomorrow loosen the clamps and re-adjust to 1/2 inch ( someone told me to wack the forks with a rubber mallet :eek: ) will post results

Last edited:

pavmentsurfer

I hung the front of my bike from the roof of my garage with a ratcheting tie strap, then tightened the strap till the front tire was just touching the ground (rear was on a stand for stability). Then I loosed the clamps and slowly ratcheted the strap to lift the front until it was where I wanted it and re-tightened the clamps.

LocoLechero

SUCCESS!! super loosened lower clamps - put on front triple tree - super loosened top clamps - whacked forks with rubber mallet - dropped very nicely! front is dropped just under 1/2 inch , going for a nice long ride tomorrow - will post back on how she feels ALSO any advice on rear spring setting? I'm currently on 4 and weigh close to 200 with gear

JBAX

Glad to hear you got it up [emoji12]

I have about the same drop on front end. 1cm or so. And I think it's just enough. I weight 155 and run the shock at 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member