Waxing Bike???

tractorboy

Im aware of the product called Plexus and Honda Plastic Polish........BUT...

Can I wax the plastics? just like you could your car or the metal tank?? vs the polishes.. I want to protect it and get bug guts off easier. I know I gotta be careful with the windsheild as I already read you cant use Rain x ( love the stuff!!)....

Just wondering what others think/have done to protect it and give it a "layer of protection"............

God I love this bike !!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1st full day friday and I have almost 100 miles on it!!! Hope the seat breaks in!!:confused::Flash:

C

CravenMoorhead

I use Quik Detailer, same as for my car. Its a liquid wax/cleaner for when you need more than a dusting or wash but less than a full wax detail. It is easy to use and FAST. It works well getting the splatter off the front end and leaves some wax behind for shine and protection. It is ubiquitous in a deep red colored spray bottle.

L

LERecords

Im aware of the product called Plexus and Honda Plastic Polish........BUT...

Can I wax the plastics? just like you could your car or the metal tank?? vs the polishes.. I want to protect it and get bug guts off easier. I know I gotta be careful with the windsheild as I already read you cant use Rain x ( love the stuff!!)....

Just wondering what others think/have done to protect it and give it a "layer of protection"............

God I love this bike !!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1st full day friday and I have almost 100 miles on it!!! Hope the seat breaks in!!:confused::Flash:
I had the same question.. This is what i was told a long time ago... if the plastic has paint on it or was colored.. you can use turtle wax and it will look great.. if its roughed up plastics that we colored.. you can use plexus, but for how expensive it it, you can use turtle wax and get the same effect.. hope it helps :thumbup:

fz6rwolf

You can wax any painted item, use Plexus on screen.

B

brad81987

So it's safe to use Turtle Wax on all fenders, fairings, tank, side covers, etc? I had been using Plexus on all my plastic before.

fz6rwolf

Yep, perfectly safe, don't know that I'd use turtle wax, I prefer Meguires myself. Any carnuba based wax is good.

fz6rwolf

Also Honda polish/cleaner (though I think it's sold under another name now) is great for everything, seat, plastic, metal, again use plexus on windshield though and do NOT use windex as it will yellow with time.

tractorboy

PERFECT!! I like using the liquid carnabu waxes too.......but ran out...and have some very SOFT turtle wax that I just did the truck (and Tractor) with. And yes do plexus on the windsheild and headlight.....great...I gotta find the damn stuff first. Gonna have to go to a MC shop as my dealer didnt carry it. Thanks for the info...just want to get something on it before really getting out there....got bugs on it last night...Poor baby!!

Thanks!! Nice to know plexis is the best for "ROUGH" plastics too as I have some of that on my dirtbike and the fork guards....COOL......

Thanks all !!!!

Tractor

tractorboy

My ford 8n....1943. Rebuilt her and painted it. she runs MUCH better with the flames on the hood! I spent all that time on it.....wanted to wax up the hood and fenders! I will have to pull a pick.

Makes quick work of the donkey POOP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!