Washington State Bike Ride Recommendations

Story_AR

Hello everyone from the Evergreen State!

I know that we have some people here from WA, so I wanted to share my ride experiences so far, and hopefully you will too!

My first day trip on a bike was about a month ago now.
The first leg of the trip was the Pioneer Highway to Stanwood and then Marine Drive/Tullalip road down to Marysville. I was there at 7am, thus no traffic. Not many tight corners, most are 40-50mph turns. Pioneer Highway goes through some farms, so be ready to smell some manure. The Marine Drive mostly goes through the woods with some places where you can see the Tullalip bay from the shoulder of the road.

The second part of the trip is from Monroe to the West side of Lake Sammamish though Fall City. Not too many corners except near Ames Lake, but nice views of the river. I took the Monroe-Duvall Road that time. Next time I would try out the High Bridge Road as it was recommended by some people I know. I don't have any pictures from the trip, but will answer questions if there are any.

CtrlAltDl

You got some good riding on there. :thumbup:

+1 on the High Bridge Road. I hit it twice this winter. There is tons of little fun off-shoots from that road too.

Instead of Hwy 2 to Monroe, try Lowell Snohomish River Road, then south on Hwy 9 to Connelly Road which turns into High Bridge once it goes under 522.

CtrlAltDl

Here is a MAP