Warrenty & Two bros exhaust

freshflex

I won't have much time here to be out riding, next spring we'll go out Cautious. Yeah I got the same deal as you, I talked em down to $5750 tho. Not that big of a deal but a little money saved is better than no money saved haha.

freshflex

So after work I found my warranty contract. This is what it says...

GENERAL EXCLUSIONS:
General exclusions from this Y.E.S. contract shall include any mechanical breakdown(s) caused by: competition or racing use; installation of parts or accessories that are not of like kind and quality to genuine yamaha parts; abnormal strain, neglect, or abuse; lack of proper maintenance, including storage; accident or collision damage; contact with foreign materials or submersion; damage due to growth of marine organisms on surfaces; damage due to improper transportation; damage due to rust or corrosion; modifications to original parts.

So looks like if I want a two bros I risk losing my warranty after all.

JSP

Super Moderator
So after work I found my warranty contract. This is what it says...

GENERAL EXCLUSIONS:
General exclusions from this Y.E.S. contract shall include any mechanical breakdown(s) caused by: competition or racing use; installation of parts or accessories that are not of like kind and quality to genuine yamaha parts; abnormal strain, neglect, or abuse; lack of proper maintenance, including storage; accident or collision damage; contact with foreign materials or submersion; damage due to growth of marine organisms on surfaces; damage due to improper transportation; damage due to rust or corrosion; modifications to original parts.

So looks like if I want a two bros I risk losing my warranty after all.
Why would you lose your warranty??? Did you read what you just posted? Only if what you put on CAUSES a failure. So yes, if you screw up the install somehow and drop a nut in your exhaust port... It has to be CAUSED by the installed part. Just cause you have it, you do not lose warranty. They HAVE TO PROVE THAT WAS THE ITEM THAT CAUSED A FAULT. A faulty suspension part can not be turned down because you have an aftermarket exhaust. Only directly linked items and they have to prove that new item caused it.

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member