Want to know what's going on at 14K RPM?

just looks like some smoke and the springs rotate slowly. i assume nothing else is happening. its so smooth because the motor runs on fairy pee and unicorn farts

If you break down the 4 stroke events by milliseconds...it is mind blowing how it even works....then think of a F1 engine at 20k using hydraulics.....simply a thing of raging anger..... so the next time you free rev it off the rev limter....think about what happens......

Watch that video... crazy stuff!

Overhead Cam at 14K RPM - YouTube

AND the cams are turning only 7000 rpm think of the rods and crank are turning twice that speed......:eek: well rods do not turn but go side to side up and down...but still I have been around this stuff on the dyno for years and people wonder why I get nervous....I see this in my head with me standing inches away from it. Then you see a Harley crank on a bench and picture that sucker spinning a 6,000 rpm...nowhere to run if that comes unglued....
I saw the aftermath of a top running team pro stock drag car motor as it septerated its self from the engine dyno at max engine load and peak rpm...dyno room destroyed two block walls lay in rubble..engine was through the water tank outside....luck had it most employees were not around......The cause was only one side of engine was bolted properly.....saw a few tool boxes roll out that day The sound was deafing at 100 yards away in another building

Last edited:

Back