Vinyl removal

Xanroth

So I own the copper/black 2011 fz6r... and i'm debating on taking off the graphics on the fairings... has anyone done this to thier bike? Can I see some pic's? I dont wanna go ripping crap off and have my bike look like its in the "I broke something so now im fixing my fairings" stage haha

Thanks.

-X

I have the copper 2011 also..me personally i like the designs on it. But if you go on youtube they have a few videos on how to remove decals.

I saw some waxing and buffing after removal off of the tank because from the factory they put an extra coat of clear on top of the decals!!!

Jago9

It's very simple. I have the 2011 Copper FZ6R and removed the fairing decals. Use a blow dryer or small heater to heat the glue and pull from the bottom up slowly. Super easy and quick to remove. there is a tutorial on this forum with pictures to show you how to do it.

Our fairings a glossy black without the decals, I put new vinyl decals on mine from immortal graphix. Look around, a ton of people on this forum have removed the decals from their bikes and come up with plenty creative designs to make their bike their own.

Last edited:

bobby bo bonsin

Copper black

Mine with no decals.

Attachments

knarcosis

bobby bo, Where did you get the pads on the sides of your tank? Did you make them or found somewhere to buy them? I have the copper one and took off the decals as well. The tank decals now look a little out of place so I'd be interested in just covering them up.

bobby bo bonsin

Tech spec

bobby bo, Where did you get the pads on the sides of your tank? Did you make them or found somewhere to buy them? I have the copper one and took off the decals as well. The tank decals now look a little out of place so I'd be interested in just covering them up.
Its a tech spec tank grip c3 material. And the silver part is a piece of adhesive vinyl that I cut out to cover the rest of the decal.

bobby bo bonsin

bobby bo bonsin

Stripes

Here's mine when I had the stripes that I made. Looked pretty good and I actually have a stripe that I ordered on the way that is the same style(Yamaha strobe stripe). I plan to customize it slightly. I 'll post a pic when I get it and put it on.

Attachments