Video: Buell XB12 Exhaust shootout: Stock vs Jardine

Wavex

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8xWgkGPp8U]YouTube - XB12S Stock vs Jardine[/ame]

this muffler is VERY LOUD! No good so I mounted the "quiet insert" tonight... I love the sound of it, not the volume level lol I will test it tomorrow :rockon:

S

SovietRobot

I think it looks and sounds good

Still not sure about the exhaust pointing right at the rear tire though

R

rsw81

Freakin' sweet David! Now all you need is a matching blue RSX to compliment that awesome bike. If only we could have convinced Sara by this morning to ease up on the bike purchase....hmmm.... perhaps next weekend.:cheer:

L

lonesoldier84

First one sounds like a small tractor. Second one is WAYYYY better. It is a softer but deeper growl. The other is too open....like farm equipment on a hot day. thats the image it gives me.

Hellgate

Looks and sounds nice. Your neighbors must think you're nuts. :D

F

Fred

The heat will just help the rear tire warm up and stick to the roads.

But you do have a really good point, because if anything ever happens that causes the bike to puke oil out of the exhaust, it's going to be an instant lowside.

Hopefully that won't happen.

Fred

Wavex

it's my tire warmer :D

Freakin' sweet David! Now all you need is a matching blue RSX to compliment that awesome bike. If only we could have convinced Sara by this morning to ease up on the bike purchase....hmmm.... perhaps next weekend.:cheer:
No ****! I count on you to make it happen :)

Looks and sounds nice. Your neighbors must think you're nuts. :D
That's what my wife thinks too hehe

I just tried the quiet insert and it made it MUCH better... it kept the sound, but turned the volume down a couple of notches (at least it feels that way when riding), and the decel popping doesn't hurt my ears anymore... I think I will keep it this way :thumbup:

Hellgate

Nice. Jardine looks to have come a very long way from their 4 into 1 they made in the '70's and '80's. They were mild steel, rusted fast and were very loud. Their new products look sharp. They have one for the 11 but no db killer and most folks who have one say it is very loud.

As an aside I like to think of Buell mufflers a tire warmers. ;)

How much weight do you think you saved? 10 to 12 lbs?

I chuckle at the Buell Trilogy of Tech, or whatever they call it. The muffler is low to keep the center of gravity low, but if they didn't make it out of mild steel and used SS, Ti or whatever, it would weight half as much, oh, and sticking the battery below the passenger seat seems to go against this philosophy too.

Buell-aide, it's okay to sip, just don't chug it. :rolleyes:

Wavex

10lb saved yes... it's tiny compared to the huge stock muffler... I know why the stock is so big though, it's to make the bike quiet, and it works really well, especially when you realize how loud that engine is with the Jardine.... even with the insert, it's still quite loud... Since I don't commute anymore, I am not too worried about it atm, but I will send my stock pipe to Special Ops anyway, just to compare both of them... American Sportbikes did a exhaust comparison test and said the db level was the same between Jardine and Special Ops, but they also mentioned that while db levels are the same, the "perceived" volume was MUCH louder on the Jardine...

More soon!

Here is a quick pic from yesterday (beach front in Long Beach):

Wavex

Thanks bro... it sounds like a Harley on steroids lol...

The stock pipe sounds more like a sewing machine :)

C

CrazyBiker

Hey, a little better sound quality will do but I can imagine how the Jardine sounds on a v-twin (looked at some other Buell Jardine videos). I think I am developing a new found love for underbelly exhausts after the underseat ones.