Vibrating at 6k-7k revs

Edd

Another silly question :)

My bike seems to have a spot between 6k and 7k revs where I can feel a vibration, particularly through the pegs. Above this, no worries, no more vibration than normal, same for below. Yet between, it feels... rough. Any ideas what this might be?

It's going in for it's first service this weekend, so I will also be asking the garage, but I'm going for a long ride tomorrow and thought I may as well ask advice beforehand! :)

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

new2bikes

yep, i noticed it the other day as well, i even felt it in the seat, i'll go ask a local shop , the guy also has a fz6r, i'll post what he says. thanks

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Like dart said, we all have it to a degree. Synchronize the throttle bodies, and it mostly goes away.

bjs045

Haven't experienced it myself but I do recall older post about this....one statement being the pleasure of their passenger in the vibration range LOL :eek:

Throttle body sync was the solution

Inane_Sn

If thats true then I will leave my throttle body alone and just cruise at 7k whenever I have a girl on the back. In fact, does anyone know how to adjust it to get more vibes?

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Haven't experienced it myself but I do recall older post about this....one statement being the pleasure of their passenger in the vibration range LOL :eek:

Throttle body sync was the solution
If thats true then I will leave my throttle body alone and just cruise at 7k whenever I have a girl on the back. In fact, does anyone know how to adjust it to get more vibes?
Funny you guys bring this up again. My wife experienced the vibrations this weekend. :eek: She said she enjoyed the ride, but wasn't specific if the vibrations were the reason... :cool:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

jester8p

It would seem as if all of the fz6rs get this lovely vibration. I get it as well. It did get much much better after a nice throttle body sync but it's definately still there...just much less annoying. I used to feel it both on the pegs and the seat but now only feel it slightly on the pegs...

either the throttle body sync helped or my ass is getting bigger... :p

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Is the throttle body synch. a warrenty issue or due you have to buy it.
Like dart said, this falls under "general maintenance" or "tuning" and is not covered by the warranty. But it's so easy to do, that I couldn't imagine why anyone would pay the dealer the hourly rate for something that takes less than 30 minutes.

butcher bird

Another silly question :)

My bike seems to have a spot between 6k and 7k revs where I can feel a vibration, particularly through the pegs. Above this, no worries, no more vibration than normal, same for below. Yet between, it feels... rough. Any ideas what this might be?

It's going in for it's first service this weekend, so I will also be asking the garage, but I'm going for a long ride tomorrow and thought I may as well ask advice beforehand! :)
i get vibration at 70-75mph. use to be real noticable, sync throttle bodies got better but still there.

the edge

hello there , i ve got a 09 fz6r and i too get that damm vibration between 6-7 k and i am useful with my hand:) can you tell me bud , how you sync the throttle body since you know how to do it , for now i am running it which at 6,000 for the speed limit but when i am passing i go over and beyond the 7,000 because it feel so much smoother but cops dont like as much as i do :) any hint to do the job would help me lots thanks in advance

marc from quebec

the edge

oups

Like dart said, this falls under "general maintenance" or "tuning" and is not covered by the warranty. But it's so easy to do, that I couldn't imagine why anyone would pay the dealer the hourly rate for something that takes less than 30 minutes.
sorry for my last message , i am new to the site and did see the link of how to do the job ,but yet to get the meter to sync the throttle , to your opinion
does it do damage at the mean time or its just a vibration...

thanks a lot

marc

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
No, it does no damage. It's just an annoying vibration.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

pyrocpu

Oddly enough, I don't feel the vibes thru the pegs--just only thru the seat!

But dangit, another thing to buy for the bike... this is seriously starting to get pricey... :(

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Oddly enough, I don't feel the vibes thru the pegs--just only thru the seat!

But dangit, another thing to buy for the bike... this is seriously starting to get pricey... :(
Just get together with someone that has the tools and do it together. Share in the fact that you are wrenching on your bikes and enjoy the company of a fellow rider and maybe a few cold ones.