vht night shade

bmw675

i know some of you have painted your windscreens with krylon black and others have talked about getting a smoked screen, but what about this.

night shades

i know of alot of people that have done this to their tails on their trucks. do you think that it would work well on the windscreens.
im not too into the idea of blacking in out totally, thought this might be another option.

cbzdel

It would just give you the tinted look vs. a solid color look.. I have used that stuff on tail lights before, it works pretty good.. Just dont get any runs in it or it will look like poop haha!

bmw675

do you think i should use like 4000 grit sandpaper to scuff it or will i see scratches??
im not sure if i clean it with alcohol if it will give it enough to stick to.
i want to try it but i dont want to screw it up too :confused:

jdesiano1

Used this on my 250 screen. It took like 9 coats to get it where I wanted it. I definitely prefer krylon!

bmw675

Used this on my 250 screen. It took like 9 coats to get it where I wanted it. I definitely prefer krylon!
did you notice any sort of glare generated by the tint being on it? im not all about the blacked out look as i can still get my head down low enough to see it, not comfortably, but i sometimes do it when it is extremely windy.

tractorboy

Im in the same boat. Id rather still have some transparency to it to see out of it vs totally BLACKED OUT.

If you decided to go for it post pics! I read elsewhere on here somewhere that window tint is not the best option as it can get bubbles from the "gassing" of the plastic.

Im also wonder about that lexan/lexar stuff? its different color tinting for like headlights and stuff. i will have to find it and post it here. I was thinking of trying that.

bmw675

and if im not mistaken, a factory replacement is around $40? i might just buy one and do it, if it works ill put it on, if not ill just junk it. now i just need to figure out where the cheapest place is for a new windscreen.

cbzdel

just keep lookin on ebay.. the pop up every couple weeks..

jdesiano1

The night shades had no glare that I noticed but no matter how far I tuck I dont use the wind screen (maybe being a female I just can't get low enough because of certain reasons) ;). the problem with the night shades is that it seemed very watery or runny and fish eyes (bubbles) happened alot.

bmw675

The night shades had no glare that I noticed but no matter how far I tuck I dont use the wind screen (maybe being a female I just can't get low enough because of certain reasons) ;). the problem with the night shades is that it seemed very watery or runny and fish eyes (bubbles) happened alot.
well, im going to assume you are right, even on very well prepped surfaces.
before i did it, i took a piece of plexiglass and prepped and sprayed on it. didnt like the how it looked from the back side. it looked runny and it wasnt a smooth consistency.
anyways, im not going to do it to the windscreen, im just going find one already tinted and pay the price. apparently it wasnt a good idea.