Ventura bike pack system

FitZ6R

I'm looking at luggage for my SixR, and I came across this system from a New Zealeand outfit. I don't think it's been mentioned here before.

Ventura bike pack system: Bike Pack System motorcycle luggage, hard soft motorcycle luggage, racks, touring luggage | Ventura

FZ6R fitment: Yamaha FZ6R (2009) motorcycle luggage, hard soft motorcycle luggage, racks, touring luggage | Ventura

It's basically a removable upright rack (don't call it a sissy bar) that supports a choice of packs and leaves room for a passenger. Seems like a great way too keep luggage secure, away from the road and out of the windstream.

I'm awaiting a quote from a stateside dealer, but ballpark looks like $300-400. Not cheap, but less that a full hard bag setup.

janea

bike pack systerm

thanks for this info! i'm trying to figure out how to make my givi 21 bags (from my dead beemer; f650gs) work on my new fzsixer -- but i might go with this system instead and give up the hard cases.

FitZ6R

givi 21 bags (from my dead beemer; f650gs)
Dead beemer... sounds like there might be a story there?

I'm curious becase, well, <whispers> I was eyeing a BMW G650GS yesterday with just the tiniest bit of buyer's remorse. The go-anywhere adventure bike thing seems pretty cool. Then reality smacked me in the back of the head and said "$8,000 for ONE cylinder???" :eek: So I got on the 6R and rode away.

janea

dead beemer

you made a wise choice to walk away from the one-cylinder beemer, or ANY beemer, at least in my experience. i bought my 2003 f650gs used, with only 3,000 miles on it. it was serviced twice a year -- no easy feat in michigan, with only three dealers (non-beemer dealers won't touch them), the closest being a 3-hour ride. don't get me wrong, i LOVED riding the thing, even though the dual-purpose tires gave a rough ride on the road and still not serious digging capability off-road.

then one magic day the radiator hose popped off when i stopped at the bank. i got the hose and clamp back on, called the dealer and said i would add coolant and ride it over the next day. now, pardon me for being a non-mechanic, but the service manager made no mention of a "release valve." The instruction manual, which i follow to the letter, made no mention of a "release valve." apparently those of us raised to never touch the engine (Dads out there, are you listening??) are somehow meant to receive divine knowledge that a release valve has to be turned in order to release air from the line and let the coolant move from the reservoir to the engine itself. Never mind that the release valve is on the other side of the bike, buried under the engine guard, and the size of a pencil eraser.
Anyway, the bike rode fine for three hours to the dealer. No smoke, no grinding, no chugging. But 3 1/2 hours after i get there, they come out to tell me i blew a head gasket. For only a thousand or so U.S. dollars, they could patch it right up. Oh, and that thing they said when i BOUGHT the bike, about a loaner bike always being available? yea, um, well, ma'am, not today, sorry. :rant: So, i rented a car, told them to not touch the bike any further, came home and sold the piece of scat to my friend's brother for parts. Four days later i walked into a yamaha dealer and bought the fz6r. they gave me better service in 20 minutes than i had gotten from bmw in four years, starting with SEEING me when i walked in the door. (Amazing in this bad economy how many motorcycle shops still don't recognize women as the BUYER.)
sorry for the rant, apparently i am stilling blowing a head gasket:)

FitZ6R

sorry for the rant, apparently i am stilling blowing a head gasket:)
C'mon, don't hold back, tell us how you really feel! :D

I thought there had to be a story there. Thanks for putting my BMW remorse to rest!