Valter Moto Rearsets

xChapterxFourx

Valter Moto Type 1.5 Adjustable Rearsets for Yamaha FZ6R (XJ6), PJ's Parts

Has anybody ever used these before?

I do more track-day riding than street riding lately and have started to drag foot pegs, which makes for a very uneasy feeling.

I'm trying to get one more season out of my FZ6R before I get a dedicated track bike, so these seem like a reasonable price to get the most out of my bike.

The issue didn't start until I lowered the front end and installed Woodcraft clip-on's...unfortunately the clip-on's are quite beneficial for body positioning, so taking them back off isn't a real option.

Let me know, guys!

xChapterxFourx

And a big "never mind"....just saw Spider2k's thread, lol.

Still would like to hear if anybody has any experience with these though!

applejax

Have them and love them. Really lets you adjust to your leg length.

I bought mine before they added the option to add the passenger foot pegs so I went with the ankle guards instead.

HoosierDaddy?

Just got mine delivered yesterday. These are the the version 1.5 Adjustable @ $211, incl. FedEx shipping, delivered from Italy in 9 days. I will post detailed photos once these are installed. I am also changing to an FZ1 bar in attempt to get a more aggressive riding position.

Last edited:

xChapterxFourx

Just got mine delivered yesterday. These are the the version 1.5 Adjustable @ $211, incl. FedEx shipping, delivered from Italy in 9 days. I will post detailed photos once these are installed. I am also changing to an FZ1 bar in attempt to get a more aggressive riding position.
Who did you order them from? The only US supplier I've seen is PJ's Parts.

HoosierDaddy?

Who did you order them from? The only US supplier I've seen is PJ's Parts.
Carpimoto, Italy. After a lot of research, that is the only supplier I found that stocks all three versions.

xChapterxFourx

It's taken me a bit longer than planned to get these put on, but I'm making headway.

The shifter side is completely done and I started on the brake side, but I've hit a roadblock.

Keep in mind, I bought mine used, so I'm crossing my fingers that I'm not missing any parts, but I haven't counted it out as a possibility.

I have pictures, but unfortunately they won't upload for some reason, so I'll do my best to describe my issue.

1) On the stock set-up, there are (2) springs that connect to the brake lever...on the Valter-Moto's there is absolutely no place for these springs to attach to. Is there something I'm missing or does something need to be fabricated to attach the springs to?

2) Coming off of the brake master cylinder there is a threaded shaft that attached to a black bracket which connected to the brake lever. The Valter-Moto set up came with a plastic (I think) replacement for this, but my question is, does a nut need to go on that shaft with the VM replacement piece?

If any of the guys that have these installed still have ANY instructions that they could share, I'd highly appreciate it.:thumbup: