Upright/tuck & helmet buffeting w/passenger

Rushquickfast

The bike is pretty upright, so do you guys tuck when you're going fast? I have less drag of course but the tuck seems kinda forced with my arms tucked close to me and my back arched unless i'm literaly laying on the tank. I'm kinda tall 6'2". I see people fly by faster than me and they're fully upright with a windscreen similar to the fz6r. When I dont tuck I feel the wind resistance but its consistant so its not distracting. I've noticed that the wind affects me a whole lot differently when i've got a passenger behind me. My head is just bobbing everywhere as if im being smacked from all sides. The only way i've found to avoid that is by both of us tucking but sometimes that just seems unnecessary. Any tips on how to avoid that?

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member
Last edited:

TDL2024

If I'm doing 80+ I'll find that I start to hug the tank, but I find that unless I'm going that fast there's no need. Then again, I'm 5'6" so even with the stock screen I'm not getting too much wind on my chest, just on my helmet. I recently upgraded my Bell Qualifier (head would shake violently above 65mph) for an RS-1 and it's much much better. Pretty much feel no wind at all nowadays.

Spanky's Monkey

If I'm doing 80+ I'll find that I start to hug the tank, but I find that unless I'm going that fast there's no need. Then again, I'm 5'6" so even with the stock screen I'm not getting too much wind on my chest, just on my helmet. I recently upgraded my Bell Qualifier (head would shake violently above 65mph) for an RS-1 and it's much much better. Pretty much feel no wind at all nowadays.
After putting a few hundred miles on the highway yesterday I'm investing in a longer windshield 6'3" here and it feels like I'm not getting enough coverage with stock. I don't ride two up. so I can't speak to that but Bell Vortex keeps my dome pretty solid unless I get too loose in the neck then the wind wants to rotate my skull. Gotta be real serious about wanting to check that blind spot.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member