Up close photo of exhaust flange / exhaus manifold

Hey Guys & Gals,

Does anyone happen to have an up close picture of their exhaust manifold/headers they could post here? I took the exhaust off about a week ago to do the exhaust mod and I'm now hearing a small exhaust leak. I've tightened up all the header bolts to the manifold, but just want to see how close the flanges are supposed to be to the manifold. Mine are about 1/2" away from the manifold still.

Thanks!

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

travisH3

Did you tighten them up evenly and your 100% sure all gaskets are in their seated flat? I usually push the header in and hand tighten all the bolts evenly then start in the center and work my way out tightening in increments. I used a dab of high temp silicone to hold gaskets in place to make sure they didnt move.

Y

yellowfz

You can use a dab of regular grease to hold gasket in as well.
1/2" sounds about right.

will415

The best thing would be to check them and see if there is any missing but that does involve taking it off again and like he said you can put some high temp silicone to hold gaskets in place dont put alot just enough to hold it in place so u dont have to fight each time to make sure all the rings are in there. Lets per say you do have one missing just go to your local bike shop and there about 5 each or 6 each something like that. Also you will get a bit of a burning smell or something if you use the silicone but it will away.

Yes, I might just take them off to double check...Thanks!

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
Thanks Marthy, and everyone else...I took everything apart. All the gaskets were in the right place, I assume I may have had one in a little crooked. It gave me an opportunity to hit the headers with some ultra high temp paint. Now the headers are black...looks tough. I'll try to get pics up tomorrow

Sent from my new EVO 4G LTE using tapatalk

Y

yellowfz

Thanks Marthy, and everyone else...I took everything apart. All the gaskets were in the right place, I assume I may have had one in a little crooked. It gave me an opportunity to hit the headers with some ultra high temp paint. Now the headers are black...looks tough. I'll try to get pics up tomorrow

Figured they were in right, if you get one in wrong you will definitely know it.

The headers are black now, I used 2000° high temp paint.

I like that. You don't need new gaskets if you pull the headers right? Thinking about painting mine black too now.
Nope, just be sure to get then on right. I think the first time I installed one was a little crooked...other then that you're good! It's really easy to remove/install. You only have to remove the right side fairing. Look forward to pics!

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member