Two Up Riding

cbzdel

Who has rode two up on their FZ6R???

I just did and it was hard to get used to at first (first time I EVER did it) it was almost like learning all over again.. I thought I was going to burn out the clutch trying to go from a stop up a hill hahah!! But after about 15-20 minutes I got used to the weight and started to loosen up a bit...

I added some PSI to the tires like the book says (actually I am 200lbs so I should of been at a higher PSI from the beginning haha) then I set the spring to the number 7 setting. I got on the bike and it was so stiff it didnt move haha, then the woman got on, she is only 140lbs, so total weight was 350 total including gear...

OMG I thought I was going to be sparking and scraping on everything!!! It felt like the bike dropped a solid 3-4 inches! I am just making sure this is normal, because the weight limit is 400ish lbs and I didnt think the bike should drop THAT much...

cal003

:p haha well I've ridden 2up a few times now never really payed attention to the sag or bothered to change the rear suspension... :eek: but i think she only weighs 110 and im 170 so was cake :thumbup:

Senaca

I've been riding with two up since I had my Ninja 250, and FZ6.. and now FZ6R.

It does take some time getting used to the added weight, and the weight bias being further back. Key is to take it slow and get used to making smooth shifts, and make sure your passenger is leaning with you (not more than you, as some do).

I accidentally did a pretty steep wheelie on my FZ6 riding two up due to the weight bias being much further back... I wasn't even giving too much throttle. So be careful with that!

I weigh 150 lbs and my passenger weighs around 120 lbs. Also, I tend to leave more distance to stop, both for safety and comfort.. (I don't like braking hard and having my pass' weight all against me)..

Safe riding

Senaca :canada:

stroke

yea i ride two up alot and im 220 and shes about 120 i got the spring on five and its straight

Verranth

I did notice that the bike drops a few inches when doing 2 up. I'm 180 and she is 120. I didnt change the spring setting, and it was at 3, and it did drop quite a bit. We rode it just like that anyway. I have since changed it to 5 and its solid. I havent even felt the drop anymore, though, I believe there is still some. With me just on it, its stiff as hell, but I always forget to change it back down. I only notice it when I hit the highway and feel every bump in the rode. I left the tires at their normal setting, F33 and R36 (?).

Buttery smooth shifts are nice if you can do them, and extra space to stop is a MUST. Got caught one time at a traffic light turning red and it was on a turn, so I had to waste space putting the bike up straight before I could hit the brakes. We stopped with the front wheel just over the line. It was a little scary to have a full persons weight on you like that, and the fork did go down...and then finally back up again. =)

Safe riding.

xplodnstar

It doesn't seem like such a big deal from my perspective.

Of course, I just have to get on and pretend that I'm a backpack, i never do the driving.

I will say that this is a comfortable bike for it, though. I've definitely had worse back seats to sit on.

fz6rwolf

I've done a few 2-up on this one but short rides. It is alot different 2-up on FZ6R than my past cruisers but doesn't take long to get used to it. If I were going to do ALOT of 2-up long rides I'd have a different bike but I knew it'd be mostly a solo ride so that was in mind when I bought the FZ6R.