Two-Brothers Slip-on Exhaust

Ivan_13

I work on an LA County 911 ambulance. we had a motorcycle down call this morning. Car vs motorcycle. The driver claimed to not see/hear the motorcyclist. It got me thinking..

So I've been looking to find an exhaust to make my bike louder, considering I have a '11 FZ6R with the stock exhaust. I'm not looking to spend 1,000+ on the nice 2 bros. exhaust system.

So I found this online just now.
Two Brothers Racing V.A.L.E. M-2 Black Series Slip-On Exhaust - Street Motorcycle - Motorcycle Superstore

Anybody have any advice? Maybe a cheaper alternative?

I'm still a pretty new rider, so any advice would be appreciated.

Please keep in mind that my knowledge on Bike mods is pretty crappy.

Last edited:

6R Blackout

A slip on exhaust wont work on your bike, you can either spend the money or go with Marthy's exhaust package which is much cheaper than 2 Bros and it gives you the sound you are looking for!

Marthy's exhaust is very well handcrafted made just to fit our bike and like I said gives you killer sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 6R Blacout

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

6R Blackout

I have a two brothers as well, and I love it, but there are alot of people on here that have Marthy's set up and they love it and say it sounds killer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 6R Blacout

rpoole

Marthy exaust is not CA friendly however most are a little illegal the only question is how much are you over the line and do u expect a vehicle inspection in your future if not fair game

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

SpawnXX

Premium Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

SpawnXX

Premium Member

SurfJunkie

I opted to take my exhaust off and mod it and spent a whopping 30 bucks.

Find a local welding/fabrication place.
Take the header/exhaust off, and bring it to them.
Have them sawsall the exhaust outlet off. ( take off the shiny metal accent first. )
Then have them weld on a big ol 3" stainless steel exhaust end, and enjoy the extra dBs. Spend the 1000 dollars on xmas gifts or something worthwhile.

SurfJunkie

That sucks, but at least it clearly states a LEO cant pull over a motorcyclist just based on the pure fact they may be violating the sound limit. It is a secondary offense, so you will likely get it on top of a speeding ticket or other infraction.

100dB is pretty loud.
Normal conversation at 3 feet is 60-65dB.
a jet engine at 100 feet is 140dB.
a 12 gauge shotgun blast is 165dB

90-95dB for sustained periods of time will cause hearing loss. So FYI to all of you who ride without ear plugs, don't be surprised in 10-15 years when you cant hear. If you get off the bike and your ears are ringing, WEAR PLUGS.