Two Brothers Racing Exhaust Too Loud?

Dustin600

I just installed a TBR Carbon Fiber exhaust on my bike and started it up. My first impression was that it was too loud. I took it for a ride and still feel the same way. Obviously, I expected a difference in sound but not this much. Especially with the silencer tip already on. I checked again for leaks and found none. My last bike, a GSX650F, was not this loud with a TBR exhaust on it. Anyone else feel like this after installing the TBR exhaust or is it just me. I might take it back off. My neighbors are gonna hate it when I leave for work at 4am!

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member

Dustin600

We own our house and there's no HOA. If it bothered my neighbors, I doubt they would even say anything. I just want to be respectful. Its a pretty quiet neighborhood.

Sage

We own our house and there's no HOA. If it bothered my neighbors, I doubt they would even say anything. I just want to be respectful. Its a pretty quiet neighborhood.
It's the same thing in our neighborhood, I just keep the rpms as low as i can if I come back home at an off hour time.

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

linkgt

Watch the rpms. Bike quiets down after it warms up. Keep it in high gear when rolling out of the neighborhood.

I love the sound of the exhaust. I couldn't believe how loud and powerful it sounded.. really surprised. (No tip installed) ...

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member

rx9790

We got the loud jackasses with 1300cc harleys running wide open so i doubt I could ever make as much noise as they do. Damn diesel trucks are just as bad with the silly open pipes thru the bed.

dmkun

Hi - I also want to get the TBR Carbon Fiber slip-on and would like to know what model fits the 2012 FZ6R? Where can i get the best price, and Is it easy to install yourself or is it recommended to get it installed (i asked a service center and they said 90 bux for installation...doesnt sound right...) - Thanks!

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Dustin600

I have a P1X tip, the more aggressive silencer that I could let go if you want it, it will quiet it down a lot more than the P1 stock tip. Let me know if you want it we can work something out.
Thank you. I was considering that option. If I decide to try it, I will contact you.

Wheelsucker

I have a P1X tip, the more aggressive silencer that I could let go if you want it, it will quiet it down a lot more than the P1 stock tip. Let me know if you want it we can work something out.
Just want to chime in on the P1X tip. I bought my bike used with with the TB exhaust already installed, no silencer. I had the same concern you have (quiet neighborhood) about thinking the exhaust was too loud, especially leaving at 5:30 AM. After reading user reviews on the P1 tip not being very effective on reducing the noise level but the P1X being better, I ordered it. In short, the P1X is reduces the noise enough for me to depart in the mornings without feeling too guilty (noticeably louder than Ninja 500 I previously owned). These things are subjective so the P1X may still not be enough for you, but I can definitively say it is better than the P1. After I put the P1X on I convinced a friend at work to change out his P1s on his FZ6 - he had similar early morning concerns (he'd coast down his driveway before hitting the ignition switch). After changing to the P1Xs, he no longer does the coasting thing.

I'm not sure how many miles you've ridden with/without the TB or how many miles you have on the Suzuki. I had the option of putting the stock exhaust back on the bike since it was included with the sale, but decided not to due to what I consider to be safety reasons. I'm pretty convinced that the TB exhaust substantially helps cars be more aware of my presence on the freeway (FZ6R vs. Ninja 500 experience commuting on I-5).

Good luck on making your decision about keeping the TB or doing something different.

MustGoFaster

You should be like the douche factories at our apartment complex and rev it as loud as possible at all hours waiting for the gate to open. :mad:

My favorite though had to be when I was out on our balcony (we're right by the gate) and some mobile toolshed in a lowered, tricked-out hoopty decided to pull in and e-break around the inlet island. It was smooth, but not where I freakin' live! :bitchslap:

Dustin600

Thanks again to everyone who responded. It looks like I'm going to keep the Two Bros Exhaust on my bike. After installing the exhaust, I got compliments everywhere I went. My wife likes it because she know when I'm coming up our street and I'm really liking the sound. The biggest reason I decided to keep the exhaust is because it announces my presence to everyone around me. I'm surprised at the difference in how traffic responds to me now that they can hear me coming. With the stock exhaust no one knew I was there. Now everyone knows.

Just because I was curious, I brought home a sound pressure meter from work to see if the sound level was what Two Bros claimed it to be. It was. I got 100dB @ 3,000 RPM with the silencer in. (They claim 101dB @ 3,000RPM on their site)

To anyone looking for Two Bros or the Leo Vince exhaust, try Amazon.com. I have seen them both there for cheap. I got mine new for $821.84 with free 2-day shipping. It came from Motorcycle Market.

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member