Two Brothers Exhaust Problem

outstrungone

Hi, I'm from Australia and I have just installed the full system two brothers exhaust and I have unplugged a cable from the stock exhaust, but I'm not sure what it is. I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere and I'm not sure if it is needed in the new exhaust. I only noticed it just as I was finishing up. I have attached a photo that I edited for better understanding of my problem. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

pegado

Hi, I'm from Australia and I have just installed the full system two brothers exhaust and I have unplugged a cable from the stock exhaust, but I'm not sure what it is. I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere and I'm not sure if it is needed in the new exhaust. I only noticed it just as I was finishing up. I have attached a photo that I edited for better understanding of my problem. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Hi, the O2 sensor gives your ECU feedback on how is the fuel/air mixture after the burning. This enhances engine efficiency and reduces emissions. Again, if you're still using your stock ECU, you ought to adapt your lambda (O2) sensor in your exhaust.

If you're using some piggyback controller such as Power Commander or Juice Box, you may not use this sensor. Your bike will work properly where you tuned it, although if you go to a higher or lower altitude you'll have a poorer or richer mixture, and your ECU won't compensate because you don't have any feedback.

Hope I helped.

Chucker

you'll have a poorer or richer mixture
You mean "leaner". It's impossible to have a poorer mixture with today's gas prices. :p

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

outstrungone

Ok thanks everyone, my juice box is on its way. So once i plug that in there wont be any need for the cable? Thanks
Also would it matter if i didnt use the cable for at least a week until the juice box arrives? No damage to the ECU etc?

Last edited:

furiousgeorge

Hey mate i got the TBR on mine, regardless of what some people say this exhaust doesnt come with a port for o2 sensor. Mine is unplugged, left it in the stock exhaust so i wouldt lose it. TBR tell you to unplug it, it wont damage the bike. The chech engine light maye come on, showing an error (maybe 24?) but running without this sensor until you get your pc or juice box will not hurt your bike.

Last edited:

FZ6RMATT

Just a quick question! I am also from Australia and managed to find an exhaust for our FZ6R which has an O2 sensor port!! It is a complete system my question is as it has the sensor port already will my bike need a tune straight away or will I be able to ride my bike for a couple of weeks without doing any damage to it due to the sensor being able to adjust the fuel mixture? Sorry for Hi-Jacking the thread!!

Falcon

Hi all, not sure why any one would say no damage will occur without the sensor, if the bike is running lean and the sensor is not feeding it back to the ecu damage will occur most likely to the valves and or seats, the bike may run hotter than normal, these devices are fitted to modern engines for a reason. I'm sure TB will not replace your engine if your fry it

furiousgeorge

Our bike is fitted with an o2 sensor to control emissions, making it compliant with australian law. This is why the US model doesn't have them, they have different laws. If you read my post, i said runnin without a sensor, UNTIL YOU GET YOUR JUICE BOX, which stops it running rich or lean, will not do any damage. He said a week. Like marthy said the ecu has a safe mode incase of failure to avoid the problems you mentioned (like frying your engine). The bike running rich or lean for a week would be much like a badly tuned carby.
Please correct me if im wrong.

Last edited:

Nillard

Our bike is fitted with an o2 sensor to control emissions, making it compliant with australian law. This is why the US model doesn't have them, they have different laws. If you read my post, i said runnin without a sensor, UNTIL YOU GET YOUR JUICE BOX, which stops it running rich or lean, will not do any damage. He said a week. Like marthy said the ecu has a safe mode incase of failure to avoid the problems you mentioned (like frying your engine). The bike running rich or lean for a week would be much like a badly tuned carby.
Please correct me if im wrong.
+1... you only need the 02 sensor if you don't have a piggy back module (ie. Power commander, juice box, etx...)

Rawknrohl

Just a quick question! I am also from Australia and managed to find an exhaust for our FZ6R which has an O2 sensor port!! It is a complete system my question is as it has the sensor port already will my bike need a tune straight away or will I be able to ride my bike for a couple of weeks without doing any damage to it due to the sensor being able to adjust the fuel mixture? Sorry for Hi-Jacking the thread!!
Assuming the when you say"tune" you mean either a juice box pro or power commander? If so...go ahead and install the exhaust, in my opinion they don't seem to run/respond quite like they should without the fuel controller, but especially for a short time it will hurt nothing. What exhaust are you getting? -Rawk

FZ6RMATT

Assuming the when you say"tune" you mean either a juice box pro or power commander? If so...go ahead and install the exhaust, in my opinion they don't seem to run/respond quite like they should without the fuel controller, but especially for a short time it will hurt nothing. What exhaust are you getting? -Rawk
Thanks for your reply I have purchased a Leo Vince exhaust it's underbody one I think the model number is 8232 not 100% sure on the model number! I might have a crack at putting it on myself on the weekend shouldn't be to hard Im guessing! Yeah I was thinking about a power commander will I need anything else before I start to put on the exhaust system to make it run ok? Sorry for all the questions again! I'm new to road bikes and the forum!!!

outstrungone

Ok so i have been riding it around,no problems yet...juice box hasn't arrived yet.. But i have bought an o2 sensor eliminator and i will plug that straight into the 02 sensor plug taht should fix the 02 sensor problem and WHEN the juice box arrives that should fix all the fuel management.Problem solved right? hopefully lol