Tweaked front forks/ ticking noises

Drennan57

Hey guys/gals, i had a feeling my 6R had been down before i got it and this all but confirms those worries.

While stopped if i move my handle bars back and forth there is a ticking noise and it's actually very noticeable. So i was wondering if anyone here has fixed this before and could point me in the right direction?

I was thinking of loosening the lower triple tree but it looks like i don't have the required Allen key for the job (it's very big).

Any advice? Thanks

milepig

Hey guys/gals, i had a feeling my 6R had been down before i got it and this all but confirms those worries.

While stopped if i move my handle bars back and forth there is a ticking noise and it's actually very noticeable. So i was wondering if anyone here has fixed this before and could point me in the right direction?

I was thinking of loosening the lower triple tree but it looks like i don't have the required Allen key for the job (it's very big).

Any advice? Thanks
It's possible what you're hearing could be the small amount of play between the brake rotors and the carriers. While holding the front brake pump the forks up and down while watching at the bobbins between the rotors and carriers for movement.

Drennan57

It's possible what you're hearing could be the small amount of play between the brake rotors and the carriers. While holding the front brake pump the forks up and down while watching at the bobbins between the rotors and carriers for movement.
Is this common?

BluePill

We put new oem rotors on my wife 6r once we figured out where the clicking sound was coming from, the new rotors do the same thing, so I'm guessing its normal.
Yup, standard at no extra cost. Common on many bikes.