Turning some heads with L.E.D's

lesh24

So with all the craze with LED's I figured I would also jump on the bandwagon and add some Flair to the front of my bike with some LED's

I have to admit they look great....and yea its like the audi look (which is a automotive design marvel might I add)

It took about a day to tear the bike down/measure/test/wire/drill/measure/drill/measure/drill/measure/drill/measure/drill/measure/drill/measure/drill/........drool....measure/drill....test/hide all the wires/ put back together and drool and test...

Ill get some more pics of the install and also a video if ppl want.

I have it wired to a remote that I got from the internet somewhere that has some functions to dim/strobe/heartbeat and looks great with the integrated look.

Also the install is all with quick connects so if I have to take the bike apart to service its easy.

Attachments

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member
Last edited:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

lesh24

I'm guessing these are all individual LEDs? What type of quick connects did you use?

And very nicely done!

Actually its all one strip drilled and mounted in the faux air scoops and the quick connects are just the pink and blue ones that you find anywhere from Pepboys/Napa/Canadian tire/walmart even has them....but ill take some
more pics tonight.

lesh24

Very nice, great job. In the states, most people are not allowed to use blue or red leds, those are reserved for police and emergency vehicles and will render a ticket the moment they are seen.

Can you get a close up of the patterns you put in, looks really cool!
Yea that's the same rule here but these look kinda blue in the picture but are more of a cool white and the hue/temp of the color is the same as the newer Audi headlights.

I know if they were any more of a blue I would have issues but I made sure I went with a Cool white instead of a Blue and also did not want to use Warm White.

Also ill take some close up pics and some pics with the lights off so you can see how it looks.

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

toddjcruz

How did you connect them? We have running light status on the turn signals, I wonder if you could connect each side to the turn signal so that they would flash as well when your turn on the signal?

lesh24

How did you connect them? We have running light status on the turn signals, I wonder if you could connect each side to the turn signal so that they would flash as well when your turn on the signal?

I have connected them to a RF control Module that is wired to the Plate Light in the back so it powers on when the bike does, and also since the plate lights
are also LEDs they dont draw what the stock ones did so I had room to use that for the lights instead of connecting to the battery.

Also I could of set it up so that it was connected to the signals which would of been easier but I did not want to always have them on and also flash when I turn.

lesh24

After seeing this it's making me want to take out the LED pods I used for blinkers in the scoops and run them up the side like this instead...
Also why I decided to do this mod is because these areas of the Cowl are cheap if I ever want to put them back to stock, but I do have to get another set to maybe try some other designs that I have been scheming of (Insert Evil Laugh)

But over all this does keep the front clean and not cluttered giving the bike
a bit more of a low wide feel .....i wish the bike had a front like the R6 or the older Fz6 but ill work with what this 6r has to offer.

my goal after is to also make these the DRL's and just the headlight can turn on with the flip of the high beam at which point ill get a HID installed....

now just gotta get some $ and find time to do it

ME_with_a_B

Wow, lesh24 - that looks really bada$$. I would love to do something like this to my bike (perhaps in a pink-ish hue, maybe the warm white would accomplish that??) Especially since my turn signals are flushies now and can't be seen from the front -- it would be awesome to have these LEDs operate as signals too. So many mods... so little time!!

Heineken

Elite Member

TigerGenetics

that is an amazing job! Looks so clean.

+1 for a How-to. Where did you get the LED strip?

ME_with_a_B

....and so little money. Or is it just me?
Ya that too.

Hey Heine, you think you could help me do something like this to the Phoenix after we see a "how to" and I'm able to locate the right LEDs?