Turn Indicator

Barkwindjammer

Almost 2000 miles clocked, was out for a good long run today (200 miler), came home, got bite to eat etc, hour later went back out, 10 miles or so my indicators wouldn't work-nor the hazards?, turned ignition off-turned it on again and they work (re-boot?)

catchy name

i wouldnt say reboot.. as this isnt like a car. and even them very rarely use a controller to function signals . A glitch maybe in flasher. you will never really know unless you trace out with a test light while the issue is present. poor pin connections are a major issue when it comes to electronics .

geko

Well after it happened to me I pulled the turn signal 'relay' module when I got home. It's actually an electronic unit, I could see a couple of electronic components sticking out of the black potting compound. It can handle the load from either two or four lamps at the same time (turn and hazzards)

Connections all looked good and sound to me at the module so I just refitted it. Haven't seen the problem again in the 500 miles I've done since it happened - I suspect it's an issue with the electronic flasher unit.