Tuono ...do want

2013 Fz6r satin

Doing the same,going this weekend to check it out...it's weird but one of our yamaha dealership apparently carries them...actually did well vs the Ducati in the quarter mile...

Sage

BMW also just came out with this, seems like it would be the competition to the Tuono

BMW Motorrad USA - S 1000 R

I don't have any experience with them otherwise though, I don't really see them around

Last edited:

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

cezell09

My dad has an 07 Tuono. He loves it. It's not nearly as comfortable as the 6R though.

*My bike the day after I bought it back in 2012*

cezell09

But it's probably way more comfortable than a supersport, right?
Having not ridden an ss yet I couldn't say for sure but I'm guessing yes. Although my dad hates the lack of wind protection. He says his head starts to wobble a lot when riding fast. (Faster than the speed limit)

I like the look of the BMW better. Of course, if I could afford either one of those; insurance, maintenance, etc. would be the least of my problems.

Fizzer6R

Having not ridden an ss yet I couldn't say for sure but I'm guessing yes. Although my dad hates the lack of wind protection. He says his head starts to wobble a lot when riding fast. (Faster than the speed limit)
is your dad on the ape forum? if not, they could prob help him w/recommendations to cure that

Hellgate

I love my 2012. The best bike I've ever ridden and for 2014 they are more refined. Dealers should be getting them now. Go for a test ride and you WILL buy one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Attachments

Hellgate

No, I've had no problems at all. It's been a great bike, brutally fast!

For 2014 Aprilia addressed a few smaller things; a softer seat, a more compliant suspension, and of course ABS. An updated flash came out this summer and the fuel management is spot on.

On my bike I've done a few mods, but honestly you don't need to mod anything. I added a Brembo RCS front m/c, matching Brembo clutch lever an Arrow pipe, the Aprilia RACE flash, the Aprilia touring windscreen, the Aprilia gel saddle, SATO rearsets. For protection I've got R&G frame, and axle sliders.

Insurance isn't bad at all as it is under 1000cc, and is not classified as a sport bike. For my Tuono, Moto Guzzi Stelvio, R6, and wife's GZ250, full coverage, $250 deductible, I pay $650 for all of the bikes.