Trying not to hate the previous owner...

ChUcK

...but the more I take my new 6R apart the more shoddy work I find. Today I removed the RT lowering link and found it installed like this:
(pic borrowed from the how-to thread)

It didn't appear to hurt the link in any way, except for a thin straight scratch where it was resting on the frame bracket.

I have found other cross-threaded stuff, missing grommets/rivets, and I bet there is more to come. For having owned it for only 419 miles, the PO managed to mess it up in quite a few subtle ways, ones you don't see while shopping. Anyone else buy a used 6R and find crappy maintenance previously performed?

NoDoze

That's horrible man. I dislike finding odd stuff like that when I buy used too. Hope you don't find anything else that's wrong with your bike.

ChUcK

Oh, I forgot to add that the forward adjustments on the forks were off by about 1/16" as well, no idea how any of this affected the handling at all. I have yet to take a test drive.

Roaddawg

Could've been a dealer install too. It might be worth going over the whole bike now, just to make sure everything is tight to specs and all.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Harda toenail

Buyer beware is the rule with any used purchase. But trust me, could be much worse. My dad bought a beautiful scarab race boat that wouldn't start in water. (not kidding at all)