Trouble after installing Power Commander V and block off plates

m3tric

So I installed my Two Brothers exhaust yesterday and started up the bike. It sounded amazing - nice low purr at idle and smooth response when revving the engine.

Now comes today - I installed the Power Commander V and Driven block off plates. Start up the bike and...long story short it still has the purr but now the engine also sounds like a diesel truck when it's idling for some reason. Anyone know why the heck this would be?? It's like there's a Ducati'ish rattle coming from the front of the bike. I also took it out for a short test ride and it's definitely backfiring and popping a lot.

Weird thing is that this change in sound coming from the front of the bike came and all I did was install PCV & block off plates. I don't understand how this could create these rattles.

In the program I did a 'Get Map' (AdvGear RevB) and then 'Send Map' to the PCV. But I"m not sure if it 'took' the map correctly...

Any ideas???

Last edited:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

m3tric

Solved it! For anyone else wondering how to prevent your bike from sounding like a diesel truck, make sure you have the orientation of the blockoff plates correct! I had them rotated so that the slots weren't over the tiny screws under the plate. That created a big enough air leak to not only make the diesel sound, but also cause massive backfiring problems.

Just took it out for a test ride and wow the map works great. Can really feel the extra power in the lower gears. Rev matching downshifts is so fun now.

Thanks for the awesome map Marthy! This baby really screams now.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member