triple tree stand

motel6man

I know this has been briefly addressed but i'm still confused from what i've read. I've seen several people say that a triple tree stand wont work without some work and others say its fine. A few that said it works also says it either sits on the headlight assembly or the horn. One of the stands ive seen mentioned is [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CX7L1LA?refRID=K27296HC7Z06K4PVED89&ref_=pd_ybh_a_15"]Amazon.com: Venom Motorcycle Triple Tree Headlift Front Wheel Lift Stand For Yamaha, Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Ducati, BMW - Sport Street Bike Motorcycle: Automotive[/ame] Just curious if anyone can give me any more information. Please bear with me as i'm still extremely new to these kinda things and apologize now if i overlooked other threads while researching.

edit:i forgot to mention that i know i would need a 21mm pin for a stand

Last edited:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

motel6man

sorry for slow reply was busy over the weekend. I ended up picking out a t-rex fork stand instead. Unfortunately i'm not that great at custom work and its more for winter storage. I do appreciate your reply and maybe later on ill look into moving things around. I would like to see your finished product when you get time to do it.

Brent27

have to remove horn...

it's actually on my list of mods to do, just need to make a new bracket and shift the horn up a bit so it's not in the way.

I got the venom for a birthday gift and have had no issues with it (other than ordering the right 21mm pin)... just make sure you have it up on the rear stand first
I've used my triple tree stand multiple times and haven't noticed the horn or horn bracket being an issue. Next time I use it though I'm going to check - maybe the horn bracket has been resting on the arm of the stand with a lot of weight and I never noticed. Thanks for the info.