Training, not just time in the saddle!

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I would rock the Daytona 675 as a test bike for advanced rider skills!! :rockon:

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Detrich

i'm going to do BRC2 and then ARC i think- after reading that. figure, it can't hurt to get some extra practice. :)

RoadTrip

I have been reading Twist the Throttle II, I really hadn't given much thought to what the bike was doing in corners, I had been learning strictly by feel and saddle time - but, now, I have a better understanding of what the suspension is doing and how a rider affects it - now I am armed with knowledge, just need to get out there and practice more, but now with more understanding of what is going on

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Jay S.

This is why I don't get why more people don't take the MSF courses that are available. I learned so much more in the ARC than in the Basic course. I know lots of people who stop at the Basic course. Now that I've transitioned from cruisers to my FZ, I'm going to take the Sportbike course this spring as well. It only makes sense. Now I must admit, the courses are free for military so that makes it even easier to take them. However, if the DoD is willing to pay for all military to take all the courses, that should tell you how valuable the information and instruction is. There is something to be said for time in the saddle, but just like anything in life, no matter how long you do something does not matter if you've just been doing it wrong for all those years.

Detrich

Yep yep. BRC2 is only 1/2 day and $125 here in LA. Going to try to take it in March.

The Spin Doctor

Nice find, thanks.

I'm a UK-based motorcycle instructor and I hadn't actually seen this report before even though it's a study done in the UK! :confused:

I'll be interested to read the full review if I can find it!