trade in

corwin06

what could i get for a trade in of my 09 6r with 2000 miles on it? thinking of moving on to a fz8 or maybe a r6 after this deployment

Fizzer6R

why not try to sell it first, esp. with the low miles. dealer will give you low book value, look it up on KBB and NADA to see the ranges

corwin06

yeah i bought it brand new in 2010 drove it till 2011 now im in the marines. i wanna try to get it shipped down to me somehow and drive it for a while then trade it in or maybe sell it i guess

Fizzer6R

a dealer will prob. try to low ball you $500-1k less than you could sell it for. ride it on base with a for sale sign tucked under the windscreen, park it outside with your phone # while you visit the Exchange. military guys are always looking for bikes. one of my bases even had a small parking lot they allowed you to park vehicles there with for sale signs

RoadTrip

you should be able to get $5K trade on it if you buy a new bike from the dealer, or even upwards of $6K if you pay full price for the new bike. All depends on the dealer, don't let them low ball you, just walk out politely if they offer anything less than $5K and go to the next dealer - your bike is essentially new.

buzzbomb

Elite Member

corwin06

bike laws in cali are screwed up i guess because i cant sell it to civilians because its licensed in mn or trade it into a dealer unless its a cali bike so i have to drive to arizona or nevada or something to do that, can anyone shed any light on that for me? trying to sell it on base would be a good idea too cuz they dont apply to that rule i guess if your military living there

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member