Track day pics

beefcake morris

Nice pictures. Looking great out there.

roidrage

the 6r held up pretty good. i was passing people on 1000 and sportier 600s. They wanted to move me up to the b class but i said no because i wasnt comfortable enough to be doing that yet. I would have been passed up way to much, lol. I crashed the second to last session of the day and broke my thumb. all in all it was an awesome day

Cmltoe

the 6r held up pretty good. i was passing people on 1000 and sportier 600s. They wanted to move me up to the b class but i said no because i wasnt comfortable enough to be doing that yet. I would have been passed up way to much, lol. I crashed the second to last session of the day and broke my thumb. all in all it was an awesome day
How many years/miles of experience riding do you have? I'm trying to figure out how you already had knee dragging going on and were almost moved to B. I'm planning a track day soon so I'm wondering what's possible in terms of skill advancement in one session.

And can you share how the crash occurred/what mistakes you made?

Great pics!

roidrage

ive been riding for about 2 and a half years, but ive been riding alot harder in the last year when i got my full leathers. I learned alot in my first track day and it makes you not want to take the stupid chances on the street. ive got about 30,000 miles on my fz6r and that day was the first day i ran stomp grip. Also i ran -1/+2 sprocket set up which made me alot faster out of the corners. The brakes however got pretty squishy toward the end of the day.

b_who

Awsome pics man!
So did u ever get ur knee down?
And how much damage happened to the bike and i would also like to know what happened
Some of those turns looked pretty slick in the pictures! Did it feel that way or was it just from all the abuse the turn was takeing
Sorry for all the questions haha

Rookasaki

Ouch... Broken thumb would suck, sorry man. Glad to hear that's all your injuries. Nice to hear our 6R can hold it's own.

Rookasaki

ive been riding for about 2 and a half years, but ive been riding alot harder in the last year when i got my full leathers. I learned alot in my first track day and it makes you not want to take the stupid chances on the street. ive got about 30,000 miles on my fz6r and that day was the first day i ran stomp grip. Also i ran -1/+2 sprocket set up which made me alot faster out of the corners. The brakes however got pretty squishy toward the end of the day.
What type of sprockets do you have? How much did it kill your top end?

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Nice pics! I can't wait to move back to Illinois and hit up some of the tracks there.

I see that you still have the feelers on your pegs. Did you scrape the pegs in any of the turns?

roidrage

Bike took a little damage on upper left fairing and my clutch lever by my left foot was bent all the way around, other than that it held up better than my last accident because i had frame sliders on. I went into the corner to far on the inside and came out to wide and my front tire caught dirt. I got my knee down regularly on 4 of the 14 turns and everytime i did my feeler touched. I wanted to take it off but thought i would leave it on for now so i know how much tire i had left. ive got driven sprockets and my top end is now about 110 to 115 but you get there quick.