Touring

Verranth

So, the gf really likes to ride on the back, but the 6R is not very comfortable...and...I really dont like her riding on the back because the bike isnt as fun with a passanger. :(

So, I'm looking to find another bike that could be fun to ride 2 up...any thoughts?

I'm seroiusly considering the FJR, and if any of you out there know or have riden, please attest to the comfy-ness or lack of comforts the FJR provides.

cbzdel

FJR would be the way to go!

fz6rwolf

Between FJR,Concourse and ST1300 the FJR I think is best and lots of aftermarket stuff available. There are alot of bikes folks have made sport-touring such as bandits,vstroms,vfrs, etc to look at also.

Bigevildoer

Consider the Triumph ST?
Guy I know has one, and takes it on a long tour every summer - 2 up with gear.

Later!@

JohnTC40

I've got the opposite situation. I just sold an '06 FJR and am considering buying an FZ6R. The FJR was fast, smooth and comfortable on the road, but really top heavy. I was always looking for a nice level place to park as it was prone to tipovers, and it was very touchy in traffic and other slow speed riding. Also, my wife rode on it once and wouldn't get back on it again, preferring to ride on our Harley. That said, I miss the smoothness and weather protection of the FJR and am hoping the 6R will fill the bill as my new solo fun ride.

Verranth

I've got the opposite situation. I just sold an '06 FJR and am considering buying an FZ6R. The FJR was fast, smooth and comfortable on the road, but really top heavy. I was always looking for a nice level place to park as it was prone to tipovers, and it was very touchy in traffic and other slow speed riding. Also, my wife rode on it once and wouldn't get back on it again, preferring to ride on our Harley. That said, I miss the smoothness and weather protection of the FJR and am hoping the 6R will fill the bill as my new solo fun ride.
Thanks for the review on the FJR. I would have never known that it was top heavy. Though, I'm not that tall, so I wonder how much more of an issue would be for me.

Unfortunately, my girl doesnt like to pilot...maybe I can convince her to go for a spyder...?

BluePill

Thanks for the review on the FJR. I would have never known that it was top heavy. Though, I'm not that tall, so I wonder how much more of an issue would be for me.

Unfortunately, my girl doesnt like to pilot...maybe I can convince her to go for a spyder...?
At almost 200 pounds heavier, I wouldn't expect the FJR to be as nimble as the FZR - It's an inertia thing.

Just a thought on the GF. I really don't like to ride 2-up, so I bought the GF a 175cc "enduro" dual sport bike. She learned to ride it on paved back roads and large parking lots (business lots on weekends). Within 6 months she was confident enough to graduate to a full-sized street bike (Honda CL-450). The next year she rode with me on a 2500 mile road trip and did fine. I know of a few other women who started on small dual sports also.