Torque Wrench special on HFT!

Sparkxx1

There's a 1/2'' Torque wrench special over at Harbor Freight. Now a word of caution, a torque wrench is a very sensitive instrument, especially lets say a cheap one. I'd love to buy a craftsman one but they're 10x more expensive.

If you decide to get one, first learn to use it properly, take good care of it, and check to make sure the calibration is correct and that it is in good working condition. Apparently some people have trouble getting these to work and some people have been able to use them for years without problems. It's all about luck it seems. I myself am picking one up for the bigger jobs, plus I'm also going to pick up a 10$ 25'' breaker bar. NEVER try to loosen or check torque on a nut with a torque wrench. It can and will damage the instrument. *edit thanks to bruethru*

Here is the links:

1/2" Torque Wrench

1/2" Drive 25" Breaker Bar

Enjoy!

My cart, if you add SKU 92193 and add GETFREE at checkout you get the screwdrivers free and if you put coupon: DISC20 you get 20% discount on 1 item.

I think for the breaker bar alone, which is something you're going to want to throw around. It's pretty worth it.

Last edited:

rjohnson5481

they have a huge sale going on all weekend, check out local stores mine had most of the parking lot full of sale items.

rjohnson5481

I'm too broke so it was just more of a tease. lol :thumbup:

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member
Last edited:

Sparkxx1

Did you mean to say "NEVER try to loosen or check torque on a nut with a torque wrench. It can and will damage the instrument."?

That would be true.

Breaker bars are for breaking bolts and nuts loose. Hense the name.

Sorry for the language check but when it comes to tools and their usage, I am a stickler.

The wrong nomenclature or syntax can = wrong advise in some cases. Especially with those whom have less experence reguarding mechanical thingys.

Nice prices on your selections though.

If its available and convienient to you, you might want to take the torque wrench to a shop and have the calibration verified though. Sometimes you get what you pay for.

And like you said "Its all about luck it seems".
Thanks for catching the mistake I was sleepy Lol I too am a stickler for tools. Use the right tool for the right job, if you don't have it don't bother. You're going to end up breaking the tool, yourself, or the project. If you don't end up breaking anything yu just took like 4-5x longer on the job. One can never have too many tools ;D

I already have another torque wrench which I know to be true, plus a friend has a shop where I'll check it out. I'm a certified aircraft mechanic so I know what I'm doing but I made sure to put the disclaimer up to warn other people. I checked out the other pittsburgh or whatever brand it is on HFT and it looks like they have been pretty good to people.

Last edited: