Took my bike to the drags

MC#4

I took the FZ6R to the drags last night and got some vids so I thought I'd share. The camera angle isn't the best but I wanted to see my guages. Best run was a 12.79@102mph. A better rider could've gotten better times but I'm happy. The bike is Bone Stock except for handlebar risers and frame sliders.

I won the first round and ran right on my dial for round 2 but I had a -.003 red light so I was DQ'ed:eek:

Contour | Stories | FZ6R Drag Race #1
Contour | Stories | FZ6R Drag Race #2
Contour | Stories | FZ6R Drag Race #3
Contour | Stories | FZ6R Drag Race #4

Fizzer6R

very cool :thumbup:

iSpoolin

Very nice!

Rookasaki

Nice man... I went to the drags last year when my 6R was bone stock. Here is my time... I'm on the left 12.6 @ 105mph

Cmltoe

Nice man... I went to the drags last year when my 6R was bone stock. Here is my time... I'm on the left 12.6 @ 105mph
WOW! That really puts things into perspective. I thought I read that the 6R could take a corvette off the line but these times are awesome. The fastest car I've ever had at the strip is an E55 AMG and I was hitting 12.4's (on stock tires, 11.6 on slicks). I had no idea our bike could pretty much match that.

DSC_0021_2.jpg

miketriebsch

Yeah ride with a friend who rides the 2011 zx6r ninja and I eat him up until about 93 mph. About the same for 2006 gsxr 600. I have not raced my friends with the r6 nor the cbr 600, but the cbr is my next race hopfully. so yeah these things are nasty off the line.

See red

Very cool... Just curious, are you bracket racing?? I never tried that. But very cool, It will run dam near next to my suby.

MC#4

Yep I was was bracket racing in the bike class. I was the almost the slowest bike there though. The cruiser that was racing was running 12.85:eek: Heads up racing is fun but only if you have DEEP pockets.

Xfactor evo

damn. My car is faster than this bike...lol. I did a 12.33 @ 115 before I blew the engine. Now I have ported TB and intake mani so I think it would be in the 11 second range. Funny to think my lil ol 4 banger will smash a bike.

Xfactor evo

Did you pop a wheelie on that run? I am just wondering how low we could get the 60' on this bike. I think if you could hit a 1.7 60' you would drop some decent time and gain a lot of trap speed.

Doncan

damn. My car is faster than this bike...lol. I did a 12.33 @ 115 before I blew the engine. Now I have ported TB and intake mani so I think it would be in the 11 second range. Funny to think my lil ol 4 banger will smash a bike.
Yes, and a scooter too. But just for fun also; try and run against a lil ol YZF-R1 :shakehead:

miketriebsch

I havent been able to make it to the track yet, though id love to soon. All the racing I do is out on country rds. Nearly everytime ive raced it stands up of the line.