To fix or not to fix......that is the ?

Deputyfarva252

Facebook

2007 kawasaki zzr 600 11500 miles on her

I know this isnt a kawi forum but i just want some opinions on this for my dad.

One question I have is how do you know if the frame is bent? or the Forks i know the eyeball level wont do the trick here. Just trying to kick some stuff around for him . I appreciate all the feed back i can get :confused:

NightWolf

well i would imagin a bent frame wouldnt be to hard to spot , check all the welds for cracks ( missing or flaking paint is a good indercator ) - bent forks? are they leaking around the for seals? ( or any wear else? ) ---- No idea on this question , you may want to take it to the dealership and find out properly before you waste time money and effort fixing it as replacing the frame is a pain in the arse and shocks can be expensive <-- my 2 cents

CDN6R

You could hook up your Dad on a good low milage 6R.:thumbup: But as NightWolf said if you think you have found something to buy,,get it checked out first. It could save you alot of $$ and headaches later.

Deputyfarva252

You could hook up your Dad on a good low milage 6R.:thumbup: But as NightWolf said if you think you have found something to buy,,get it checked out first. It could save you alot of $$ and headaches later.
This is his bike he wrecked yesterday , im thinking maybe turn it into a street fighter and get dual headlights or somthing for it , it appears that the front tire went under the dear and did not directly impact the deer. i didnt see any fork oil and the frame doesnt have any type of cracking that i can see in the paint . Im sure theres a way to measure it to see if its twisted but thats beyond me. the whole front end is going to have to be rebuilt and all the plastics will need to be replaced

Deputyfarva252

so upon further review ......bike will start , smoking terribly , as soon as you try to let the clutch out motor cuts off , needs about 2000 worth of cosmetic parts ....so in my non professinal opinion Dad needs a new bike speaking you can get same year with less miles for 4500 bucks . Man this blows I dont know when we'll be able to go riding again.....

CDN6R

Don't fret about not being able to ride for a while. Just be thankful that Dad is still around to ride with at some point. It kind of sounds to me that you should just replace the Kawi,,,,,,,,with a 6R:cool: