Tire Pressure valve stem Caps

JimmyC

valve stem caps that monitor tire pressure....These are a easy way to
check pressure before a ride. They are made by bike master. the valve stem caps are sold for certain pressures and they have a band that changes color if the tire pressure is low. Green is at the proper pressure, yellow is -25% low, red is -30% or lower.
Has anyone ever tried these...I thought they look interesting so I figured I would try a pair so I bought the rear rated to 42 Psi And front rated to 38 Psi.

I still will check with a good Pressure guage but I figured in between throwing a real guage on it is an Easy way to get a quick visual.

bmw675

it's a good idea, but i'm not sure if i would ever trust them.

if all is working properly, the 42psi one wouldn't show low until it is below 32psi. that is a large difference just to get the first initial 'alarm'.

but that's just my opinion. Report back how they work when you get them. :iconbeer:

CrazyCawi

Its a good concept but i heard they arent very accurate but accurate enough I would think to tell if your low or not

DavidB455

I try go for a minimum once a week, I have one that connects to my battery, its useful and compact and pretty accurate.

JimmyC

I check my tires as is about once a week....I agree the accuracy is not very good....I can see them being just a double check before riding that they are in the green....any ways not sure if I trust them or not....the last thing I want is a flat tire.

motogp6r

recently the weather warmed up a bit, while the weather was still in the 40-50s i put air in my tires filled the front to 42psi and back to 46psi. now that the weather is in the 60-70s i checked the tire pressure and the numbers are relatively higher increased at-least 8psi in the back and 10 in the front. anybody else ride with tire pressure that high? as for the tire gauge id buy it in the winter the gauge would be handy.

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

DragonBlu

recently the weather warmed up a bit, while the weather was still in the 40-50s i put air in my tires filled the front to 42psi and back to 46psi. now that the weather is in the 60-70s i checked the tire pressure and the numbers are relatively higher increased at-least 8psi in the back and 10 in the front. anybody else ride with tire pressure that high? as for the tire gauge id buy it in the winter the gauge would be handy.
I would rather use an accurate gauge instead of those indicator caps. Moto,I am curious why you run such high tire pressures?

JimmyC

those tire pressures are very high....I would lower them....not sure what other people are running but I typically run at 42 Psi rear and 38 on the front....also when you measure tires do it when they are cold....the pressure will change after riding as the tires heat up. As for the caps go I think everyone is right where they sound like a good idea, but the accuracy is just not there, I think I will stick to just checking with a good guage.