tinted the windscreen with tint

adidaskid810

Finally tinted my windscreen using the static cling tint. here's how it turned out. I know the lines aren't straight on the edges but I didn't have an exacto knife to use, which I will find later and redo it to clean it up!

Last edited:

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Looks nice, and you can still see through it. :rof:

cbzdel

that actually looks great! what % tint is that?

adidaskid810

5%. I wanted something non-permanent and my buddy did the same thing to his CBR so I gave it a shot. i'll post a good picture when i get it finalized!

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

cbzdel

there is a tint shop right down the street from here.. maybe i can get it done there.. I suck at applying stuff like that, hair and dust always finds a way to get trapped under it!

my tank slapper kit looks like crap with air bubbles, dust and a piece of hair in it!

Yone

VERY NICE! I'm assuming you stuck it on the inside of the windshield, right? And did you have to remove the windshield to get it cut and applied? I wouldn't have thought that it'd cling to plastic that well. Guess I know what my next project is...

adidaskid810

it stuck on pretty well. not sure how long it will last but i'm sure once all the water is sucked out from the heat it will be pretty lasting. it took me roughly 30 mins. the roll only cost 10 so it's worth a shot cbzdel!

cbzdel

went to the tint shop just to see what it would cost.. i went in and said can you tint a motorcycle windshield? he said he would do it for $20 without even seeing it. (he is a good guy, he has tinted 3 of my cars and about to go onto number 4 here soon)

I said SOLD and he rolled up the garage door to let me bring in the bike and before I started it up.. he goes, I wil still do $20 but I wont give you like lifetime warranty. I asked why he said because its plastic, he said the tint will stick but eventually peal off because plastic has to "gas" he said it would be full of air bubbles within a few months.

So I guess I will stick with paint or wait for Puig to get a good double bubble out :)

adidaskid810

yeah i squeegied away for 20 mins and thought i got all the bubbles out but there's still some small ones that are unnoticeable unless you look upclose. I really like the tinted screen so I'll have to keep an eye out for VHT...otherwise this'll do for now

Yone

went to the tint shop just to see what it would cost.. i went in and said can you tint a motorcycle windshield? he said he would do it for $20 without even seeing it. (he is a good guy, he has tinted 3 of my cars and about to go onto number 4 here soon)

I said SOLD and he rolled up the garage door to let me bring in the bike and before I started it up.. he goes, I wil still do $20 but I wont give you like lifetime warranty. I asked why he said because its plastic, he said the tint will stick but eventually peal off because plastic has to "gas" he said it would be full of air bubbles within a few months.

So I guess I will stick with paint or wait for Puig to get a good double bubble out :)
Does the double bubble make a big difference? I'm assuming it'll keep less air resistance hitting you and your helmet?