Time to start the mods!

indian9990

Dug this up because I just bought two more things! Hopefully I can do the upgrades this weekend..

Bought some new mirrors! (No more bunny ears! Oh boy! Now i need to figure out how to get these stupid rivets off without break them lol)

Flush mount front turn signals! (Ordered them from Motodynamics for $50)

LS6TT

What Rivets? If you mean th black plastic screw things, push in the center and pull them out, may wedge a flat head under neath it.

PNW

Help with mods

Hi all,

I'm relatively new to motorcycles, got my 09 fz6r last August. I want to start doing some mods and was hoping some of you could give me some tips. Of course I want to get rid of the fender. Which FE kit do you recommend? I originally saw the Competition Works kit but it sounds like some don't like the signals. Also looked at DMP and R&G Racing kits.

I was going to get the integrated taillight you're all posting about but thought keeping signals may be safer and get less attention from cops? I'm also going to add frame sliders and upgraded front signals (sounds like flush mount is best option). I want to get these things done before I start messing with the exhaust.

I know this comes down to personal preference. Since most of you have done this already, I thought you may have some suggestions for good combinations. Much appreciated!

djf18374

Hi all,

I'm relatively new to motorcycles, got my 09 fz6r last August. I want to start doing some mods and was hoping some of you could give me some tips. Of course I want to get rid of the fender. Which FE kit do you recommend? I originally saw the Competition Works kit but it sounds like some don't like the signals. Also looked at DMP and R&G Racing kits.

I was going to get the integrated taillight you're all posting about but thought keeping signals may be safer and get less attention from cops? I'm also going to add frame sliders and upgraded front signals (sounds like flush mount is best option). I want to get these things done before I start messing with the exhaust.

I know this comes down to personal preference. Since most of you have done this already, I thought you may have some suggestions for good combinations. Much appreciated!
I have yet to get rid of the fender, but am planning to do that sooner rather than later. If you have further interest in an integrated tail light, I have one from TunerFactoryX that is brand new in package. I'd be willing to part with it. You can PM me about it.

:D

indian9990

What Rivets? If you mean th black plastic screw things, push in the center and pull them out, may wedge a flat head under neath it.
Yes, those rivets. Okay sounds good. I'll try when I get my signals, I just haven't found time to mess with them yet. Figured it might be worth waiting for my turn signals to come in so I can do everything in one sitting.

Hi all,

Well welcome to the club, I bought this one on ebay for about $30. I haven't run into any issues with the integrated tail light yet. (Knock on wood). I'll let you know when/if that happens.

I wanted the Motodynamics Integrated tail light but they were out of stock on the website. I thought I found it on eBay but it turns out to be the tunerxFactory one. I think it's basically the same thing but the motodynamics might have an extra row. They were basically the same price too. (I would get the motodynamics if I had to do it again).

I also just got these flush turn signals. I haven't got them yet but they look pretty easy to install.