Time to start the mods!

indian9990

Well I've been lurking around the forums again recently..and all I have to say is..

I HATE YOU GUYS..(Not really <3)

After lurking around for a while..I found a thread regarding the TBR exhaust so I called Nate up and bought the exhaust..

Then..I got sucked in after I bought that mod..

I just went and bought the Motodynamics Integrated Tail light and a fender eliminator kit today. :)

I'm hoping to get them installed next weekend so I'll be sure to take pictures and post them! I am planning to follow the guide here as a back up :)

PS, I'm like a year late on mods but w/e lol.

Thanks for all the help guys!

travisH3

My favorite mods to my bike are my exhaust(marthy's) with power commander, motodynamics led tail light, lowering the front end and flush mounts up front. I just recently did the retro fit headlight and the looks are awesome and light output is very good

Did you go with a power commander or juice box fuel controller for your bike? I seen you went with two bros exhaust but didn't see anything on a fuel controller. Ps... You will love that tail light

indian9990

My favorite mods to my bike are my exhaust(marthy's) with power commander, motodynamics led tail light, lowering the front end and flush mounts up front. I just recently did the retro fit headlight and the looks are awesome and light output is very good

Did you go with a power commander or juice box fuel controller for your bike? I seen you went with two bros exhaust but didn't see anything on a fuel controller. Ps... You will love that tail light
Yeah so I was wondering about the power commander and juice box after some research I got a lot of mixed results. Some people said they got it others said there bike ran without any problems. What were the big benefits of lowering the front end? It would be nice to lower mine a bit but it's not terrible. I'm almost flat footed. I do need to get the rabbit ears off the front though lol.

I talked to Nate (the guy who sold me the exhaust) and he said just put on the exhaust and see how your bike handles it. So after reading the reviews and getting his opinion, I decided to take that approach.

Yeah I got the smoked tail light. (I'm hoping it's good)

latony007

I try to warn people, this site costs a ton of money. You see mods you never really thought of and next thing you know more cash flying out the door. I would have to say my favorite mods are having my seats customized and cushioned. The front signals were pretty bad so the flush mounts and led strips probably 2nd. I am short so I needed bar risers, seemed so comfy at the dealer and by the time I took the 20 minute ride home my wrists were killing me and the risers solved that. I also like adding some bits of red to my bike since the while arlready had the red logo and shock. Spyder grips in red, red bar ends, couple stickers. I am the only person on the forum that likes the quiet sound of our bike stock though :)

good luck on your and let us know how they turn out.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

djf18374

Where did you get the Moto D tail light, if you don't mind me asking?

indian9990

I just bought this too after looking everywhere for one. I can't wait to install it. I also have flushmount front signals coming in, and also red LED's for under the bike.

First post too! Woot!
Yeah I searched around quite a bit. They were sold out on Amazon too. I'm hoping they work out well! The seller had a pretty good rep lol.

Where did you get the front flushmount front signals from? Let me know how the install goes! I think there is a how to some where around the site.

I'm also curious about the LED's so let me know about that install as well lol! Take pics! :)

PS,
Congrats on first post!

latony007

Yeah I searched around quite a bit. They were sold out on Amazon too. I'm hoping they work out well! The seller had a pretty good rep lol.

Where did you get the front flushmount front signals from? Let me know how the install goes! I think there is a how to some where around the site.

I'm also curious about the LED's so let me know about that install as well lol! Take pics! :)

PS,
Congrats on first post!
They are both easy, i know this because if i can do it pretty much any one can. Just make sure you dont get the black strips they bend the wrong way for signals. You will need the black ones for the underlighting if your doing that too. Here is a pict of, as my nephew likes to call it, xmas tree lighting. There are also several threads on this.

Attachments

Swordfish

PS,
Congrats on first post!
These are the ones I bought..
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GJY78YM/ref=pe_385040_30332190_TE_3p_M3T1_ST1_dp_1"]Amazon.com: 2009-2014 Yamaha FZ6R Flush Mount LED Dual Ciruit Running + Turn Signal Lights: Automotive[/ame]

I will post pics soon! I also know someone who does vinyl and plasti dip work. Might get some stuff done as well :)

travisH3

Yeah so I was wondering about the power commander and juice box after some research I got a lot of mixed results. Some people said they got it others said there bike ran without any problems. What were the big benefits of lowering the front end? It would be nice to lower mine a bit but it's not terrible. I'm almost flat footed. I do need to get the rabbit ears off the front though lol.

I talked to Nate (the guy who sold me the exhaust) and he said just put on the exhaust and see how your bike handles it. So after reading the reviews and getting his opinion, I decided to take that approach.

Yeah I got the smoked tail light. (I'm hoping it's good)
The bike will run lean. I'm not sure how much it will effect the motor. I'm sure marthy can chime in and tell you exactly why. I lowered the front end to give it a more sporty look.

scott5626

I searched for hours yesterday for the motodynamic tail light. Out of stock everywhere. I am really surprised you were able to find one. :confused:

I went ahead and ordered a fender eliminator kit with smaller led signals. I also ordered flush mounts for the front.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

gabe718

I got my tail lights from there website.. Fast shipping and lights work fine.....

I got my two brothers exhaust when they did a group buy here.. I didn't get the power commander at the time...

With out the exhaust I was getting great gas miles! Ones I put on the exhaust I saw my self stopping to get gas more often ... Could be I wanted to hear the exhaust, and was gassing more then normal!!! Every stop sign/light had to give it a rev... Yes I love being that guy lol I always road with out the silencer so the sound was to die for!

A few months later someone was parting out there bike and I got the pawer commander from him....

My bike is not as load :( .. But ppl say they like it better....I get better gas miles ... And the gears don't feel so light ... The bike still back fires!!!!!! But I feel it's not running so lean... Also because the gears feel better , it seems like the bike got more power

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

latony007

Dude you need more lights in the rear! lol
well the signals were on in that pict so it does look like a lot. But still about half the amount of M's on your bike :)

djf18374

Woot! Bought it in a flash! thanks for the ebay link ;)

indian9990

Done with mods!

I've attached a few mods. The integrated tail light wasn't as bad as I thought. You just remove the bulb from the old tail light and that's what the connector plugs into.

The turn signals wires came without any connectors so I thought I was going to have to splice them but I ended up using the old connectors that came with the bike. Worked out pretty well.

The exhaust was pretty straight forward. I just followed the instructions and it worked well. I didn't and tried to put the exhaust/tighten it at the end which was a pain in the ***.

IMG_20140412_133502.jpg

IMG_20140412_110328.jpg

IMG_20140412_115627.jpg

IMG_20140412_133527.jpg

IMG_20140412_095751.jpg